Sunday wind

Chef Z

Anyone hunt Sunday morning. I'm curious as to where deer were seen more, woods or fields/cutover?

I was in a hardwood bottom that has been ultra hot and I didn't see a thing.

stev

Banned
Anyone hunt Sunday morning. I'm curious as to where deer were seen more, woods or fields/cutover?

I was in a hardwood bottom that has been ultra hot and I didn't see a thing.
I went out for a couple hrs today in the bottoms and didnt see a thing stirin.I figured maybe with the wind and all the deer would be in the lowest part of the land .No deer .Tree rats only and a big raccoon was in my sights.

Kyle M

Only deer action this morning was coming from the short pines crossing a food plot on a clearing with phone lines.

I was out overlooking a small field bordered by a hardwood creek bottom on one side and some mixed pines on the other. Shot a scrub 5 pointer at about 7:20. He was an older buck with a big body. The whole left side of his antlers had been broken off. Stayed sitting for a while and saw a doe around 8:30. Not much after. That buck will make some nice jerky!

jjones165

I hunted on the edge of a 5 year old cutover with no luck. The wind was terrible here in NW Ga. I like to froze!

Booner Killa

7 does this morning in the thick stuff. I had to hunt 30 ft to get above the the thick stuff and they were moving good where I was. I was hopin to catch a glimpse of a good un chasin but no such luck. It was pretty darn chilly in the wind this morning though.