Sushi guru's, I need some advice.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I am far from a sushi guru, but I make it pretty often. There are tons of YouTube videos about how to make sushi of all sorts. If you have Ingles grocery stores in your area, they usually have the rolling mats, seaweed sheets, other paraphernalia, and sushi rice in the International section.

It freaks people out at hunting camps sometimes when we start rolling sushi. :)

Mexican Squealer

Make it all the time and love it...more online than you will ever need to know! Order up a kit off Amazon and you will have a good starting point. You can order all the sushi grade fish you want online as well.

waderjon

Catalina offshore products. Go to their website. You will find all you need
include the best fish money can buy. I have ordered from them before and they are legit. Kind oh expensive but great quality.

kayaksteve

Never thought a southern boy like me would like sushi, but it’s some kinda good. Now I wanna learn how to make my own.
Any advice on how, or what web site to visit for the easiest way to learn how to make it?
Thanks
I’m right there with you. When I was a kid my sister loved sushi and I always thought it was a dumb trendy thing people liked to do. I tried it probably ten years ago when a friend was eating it and I love it now. I’ve never attempted making it but I bet a YouTube search will have you rolling like a pro.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
If you ever need a taste tester, you know, to make sure it's edible, I've been known to embarass myself and those around me with my sushi/sashimi intake. :giggle::giggle:
Mrs Fireman bought a pile of sushi from the other day, I ate way more than I should have!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I just go out. I might try making someday but I'd just as sooned let the experts do mine.IMG_20220318_180236468.jpg

Last edited: