t-12 to LED

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Anyone got a link (with pics) showing how to convert an 8 ft t-12 to LED? I'm told there is more than one way to do it.
I can't seem to find one on the web. Thanks

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Seems you're just bypassing the ballast and wiring 110v neutral and hot to the tombstones. The led lamps will come with a diagram may look like this. But please, check it out first. don't take my word for it.

images.png

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

I found this, seems simple enough. BUT what if you have a row of T-12's can you have a t-12 then LED then another t-12. (Replacing as you have time not all at once)

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Call atlanta light bulbs. In a warehouse there are different ways to do this depending on level of protection you need from power surges.
They can walk you thru the process of which way is best for your location.
And yes you can have a T-12 then a LED the another T-12.You still have to match either with you power source(110,208,220,etc...) in that series of lights.

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Discard the Ballast and connect 2 of the tombstones to your hot and neutral. An LED bulb has a specific end for the hot side. If you install them backwards it burns most of them up before they even turn on.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
You can also get some rebates if you register with Ga power.We looked into it and because we are doing a rolling changeover it wouldn't work for us.

someguyintraffic

Just go with COB spots. They ( circuit on board ) pay off the investment quick. Or just purchase led lights. They pay for themselves.

Just put a 1000 watt led flood on house. Uses $5 bucks a year in electricity. Photocell controlled. It pays to have electrician friends. Leftover from job that cost was billed in and he owed me for bow I sold him.

CHANDLECTRIC

Anyone got a link (with pics) showing how to convert an 8 ft t-12 to LED? I'm told there is more than one way to do it.
I can't seem to find one on the web. Thanks
***Very easy..remove ballast 120v or 277v Line power black and white , let black go to all the wires that go to tombstone(s)on one side and white to the other side....this is the best light fixture set up going , only cost $10 per lamp. We put black tape on line and white tape on neutral side.Polarity don’t matter on these line voltage LED lamps.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
they make bulbs that will run on house current, or bulbs that will run on the ballast. I would get the type that just run on house current, and wire into the tombstones. that way you can do a running changeover. You already have 120 in all the fixtures, you would just cut out ballast, remove it, and wire in according to the instructions included. I put all troffer leds in my store, direct wire to 120. It was a breeze.

The new GP program won't work to well for you, I am afraid. They now have a contractor come in, and you pay them to supply all the fixtures, bulbs and labor, then GP gives you a rebate on part of that cost.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
***Very easy..remove ballast 120v or 277v Line power black and white , let black go to all the wires that go to tombstone(s)on one side and white to the other side....this is the best light fixture set up going , only cost $10 per lamp. We put black tape on line and white tape on neutral side.Polarity don’t matter on these line voltage LED lamps.

What do you think of the video I posted? Sounds like you have another wire on one end compared to the video if I'm understanding you correctly

CHANDLECTRIC

What do you think of the video I posted? Sounds like you have another wire on one end compared to the video if I'm understanding you correctly
Ok the video was for a 8ft fixture with 2 lamps, I was referring to a 4 ft with 2 or more lamps but they are wired the same way, ( the video was connecting red to black ( hot wire) and the 2 reds to white ( neutral) simple ....all wires on one side wire hot and all on the other side wire to neutral in a retrofit job.
4 ft LED lamps about $10. 8 ft 4x as much.