Tacoma Owners Question

benellisbe

I have a 2000 with the 4cyc (manual transmission). I know the V6 does better, but I won't tow anything heavier than a Golf cart/lawn mower with my tacoma. That little 4cyl (3RZFE) will go anywhere though. I have never been stuck in that truck. 240k miles and still runs great (I did a full rebuild when I pulled the motor for the timing chain about 50k miles ago). I love that it has basically nothing electric. I am tired of dealing with electrical problems with these newer vehicles. Not to mention I could probably sell it for far more than I paid for it over 15 years ago.

hipster dufus

2020 sr5 v6 4 door. Toes my g3 1756 easy. 1900# maybe. No issues. 17.5 mpg.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

Tight Lines

I thought about getting the boy a Tacoma in a few years...will look at the Nissan Frontier unless it goes I4 turbo too...

sinclair1

I thought about getting the boy a Tacoma in a few years...will look at the Nissan Frontier unless it goes I4 turbo too...
Put a 2023 in the garage like I did. We are going to be scrambling for V8 and V6 trucks from now on and they ain’t coming back. I haven’t put but 10 miles on it since Jan 1.

ilbcnu

I bought a 2 door Tacoma 4x4 5peed 4 poper new in 99 and that truck would pull anything a ford and Chevy could pull and did, believe me. Taught my son and daughter to drive it in a cow pasture and always in the woods and wherever I wanted to go. And I’ll admit in somewhat shame that I can count the times on one hand that I ever had the oil changed. Wore the front ball joints til a wheel fell off and had to replace rack and pinion, 1st timing belt at 150,000 and clutch at 280,000. Gave it to my nephew last year as he pretty much grew up in it too. 337,000 on it then and he’s still hunting and fishing out of it