Tactacam warning

mhpcdh

FYI I purchased 3 model SK , and 2 model XB of the 5 within 4 months 3 of them quit working due to water inside the camera 2 of them had water inside the battery compartment and 1 has water inside the lense. Tactacam says that water damage voids the warranty and will not replace the cameras WARNING

RatherB

BANNED
I’ve ran for years and currently have six. Stay outside 365 days a year. Had issues with a few but tactacam has always had decent customer service and has repaired. one recently got water inside it and quit working. But it’s been outside for a few years now. I figured they wouldn’t last forever. tactacam offered to replace it with a new camera at a discount.
I’ve had good experience with the company and the cameras. Sorry yours are not holding up.

Tight Lines

FYI I purchased 3 model SK , and 2 model XB of the 5 within 4 months 3 of them quit working due to water inside the camera 2 of them had water inside the battery compartment and 1 has water inside the lense. Tactacam says that water damage voids the warranty and will not replace the cameras WARNING
We have a few of the Reveal (4) and I have the original Tacticam. I don't recognize the model numbers you are mentioning however...we have had no issues...

If they got wet due to seal failures they should replace them...if it was due to something else then my guess is they won't...

Spartan has replaced two of mine from them due to water intrusion...

Last edited:

cowhornedspike

Only ones I've had get wet were under water for a few days till the river went back down. Otherwise no water issues for me however my son has had water get into a couple of his for some reason. I run 12 cams and he runs about that many as well.

buckpasser

I’m not impressed with their design as far as staying dry. I’ve had several lenses milked up by leaking that fogged the interior, but was able to recover their use. Last week I had an X completely die forever due to rain water. Awesome cam, but I’ve never had a trail cam so bad to leak.

All mine were rain water, no flooding.

DSGB

I have one original Reveal, one X and one XB. The only one that's ever had an issue with moisture was the XB a couple months ago after several days of heavy rain. The lense fogged up and there was a little moisture in the battery compartment, but it cleared up after a few hours.

JROESEL

Reach out to them, I’ve got 3 gen 1 cameras that the lcd screen has squiggly lines in them, they are replacing them with the new pro models for 100$, they have always worked with me for what ever reason, I’ve got a x that there requesting to be sent in, it won’t receive signal, they’ve been great in the customer service though

rosewood

Running 15 Reveals right now and a mix of all models. No issues with water since they came out.
I have 2, no water issues. Both different models.

Had 3 total Spycams, water got in 2 of them, the other one never worked, so can't say if it would have gotten wet or not.

Rosewood