Tater ideas?

JHannah92

Need some ideas here, folks. I'm in need of some potato recipes. We usually have baked taters or fries, and that's about my entire tater playbook. I've seen some good lookin taters on y'alls plates. Hook a brotha up with some recipes!

SowGreen

One of my go to potato recipes is roasted red potatoes.
- leave the skin on
- lay potato on its side and cut in half, take each half and place it on the cut side and cut in fours, making 8 wedges out of each tater.
- put all wedges in a bowl and mix with olive oil
- lay skin side down a baking sheet and season with salt, pepper and basil.
- roast in a 350 degree oven for 30 min
- put back in the bowl and drizzle with melted butter
- turn gently to coat evenly

Another easy one is scalloped potatoes.
- skin the taters and slice paper thin with a grater
- in a pan saute a chopped onion in some butter
- add in 2-3 tbl spoons of flour and stir for 30 sec or so
- add a cup of milk and stir
- take off the heat and add a few big handfuls of cheddar cheese and stir until blended and melted fully
- put a layer of taters in a casserole dish and salt & pepper
and pour some of the mixture on top
- repeat with a final layer of taters and pour the remaining mixture
- cover with foil and cook at 350 for 45 min
- take the dish out, uncover and layer with shred cheddar
- broil for a couple min until it browns over
- let rest for 10 min or so

We cook a ton of taters so I have a lot of recipes.

One of my simple favorites is to slice potatoes, onions add few pats of butter. Seal in aluminum foil and grill, turning once, usually about 30-45 minutes total.

I put my taters in the microwave until soft. slice open mush up add cheese, butter, and bacon. Throw them on the grill for 10-15 mins.

Very simple and has that grilled flavor.

Knotmuch

Skin and cut potatoes in bite size wedges. Boil the potatoes to tender, but not so tender they mash. Drain, put potatoes in a casserole pyrex dish, add black pepper. Pour Ranch dressing on them and add shredded sharp cheddar cheese on the top. Put in oven on 350 until the cheese melts. Too easy.

bigelow

Executive Chef at Billy's Bistro
Red mashed is always good. Boil till fork tender add 1/2 stic of butter and a half cup milk and mix with a mixer. I like them a little chunky.

tsharp

I like boiling a picnic ham with crab boil for 2 hours, then take it out an cut it pieces and place it back in the water with onions and potatoes. Boil some eggs on the side and when the eggs are done peel them an place them with the ham. Boil the potatoes till fork tender and serve. You can eat it like a soup or just like that.
Makes fine eating with crackers. Don't forget the Salt!

Jeff Phillips

in a large pyrodex dish with a lid, mix:

2/3 sliced red skin potaoes
1/3 sliced sweet onion
1 stick real butter
salt
pepper
garlic

In covered dish, mix taters and onions. Cut the butter into 5 or 6 pieces and scatter on top of the taters. Salt, pepper, and garlic (I sometimes sprinkle with Lawreys). Microwave for 10 minutes, stir, microwave for 7 minutes, let sit for 5 minutes.

Easy and great!

TrueBlueEagle

I take red potatoes and slice them into cubes, put them in cast iron skillet, coat heavily with italian dressing, cover with foil and throw them on the akorn. Just before they're fork tender I remove the foil and let the edges brown a little. Finish by sprinkling some parmesan cheese. Nom nom nom..

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
One of my simple favorites is to slice potatoes, onions add few pats of butter. Seal in aluminum foil and grill, turning once, usually about 30-45 minutes total.

This is my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:
We do this during every camping trip.

Doc_5729

I also slice them about 3/8's an inch thick and and just grill'em straight on the grill basted with butter and garlic

georgia_home

old bay taters.

cube potatoes so they are consistent, and not TOO big.
marinade in olive oil, garlic, old bay.
put on sheet pan and bake until crispy around edges.

this works for fresh potatoes and the canned new potatoes. i like the sliced ones from the can.

also, twice baked... take the baked taters, cut in half and hollow out. save the potato part into a bowl. mix with cheese, some sour cream and put the mixture back into the skins. bake for a while the cheese melts. top with favorite cheese and serve. if you like garlic, you can add a touch... or any other spices you like.

or, for breakfast, take the left over baked, cut into small chunks, fry in butter with spices as you wish. get a little crispy. maybe add some onions, peppers, or whatever veggies you like when frying.