Taurus getting into the rifle game

transfixer

No way I'm paying anything close to that price for an unproven rifle, the stock has some promise,, but Taurus has no history with rifles, no assurance of any accuracy, I can't see them flying off the shelves when Savage has proven accurate rifles priced lower than that

Lilly001

It looks like they built a rifle on a popular action (Remington 700) and included most of the most popular aftermarket upgrades.
If you are looking for such a rifle, and the upgrades fit your needs, it may be a reasonable choice.
I’m interested on how they executed the 700 action.
Is it a quality firearm? It should be at that price point. Or is it an attempt to make a few bucks with advertising over substance?

Redbow

I like the caliber but I would not buy that rifle.

Lilly001

If I were in the market for a .308 at that price point I would look at it.
But there is a lot of competition from established makers with good reputations.
So it would need to impress me to get my $$.

Dub

A near $1,000 rifle from Taurus is going to require a big leap of faith by potential buyers.

I won't be one of them....mainly because I'm simply not in the market for a new rifle.

Then....there is still a pile of hesitation brought on by Taurus's past Quality Assurance & Customer Service blunders....severe enough to have me gun shy for a long, long time.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Isn't Rossi owned by Taurus and they make rifles?
i thought it was a merger of sorts and Taurus builds some of their revolvers...maybe in turn they build rifles for Taurus.

The price point doesn't seem bad on the surface...Remington clone actions are in that price range they are just trued...hammer forged barrels are pretty good stuff...and where can you get a good stock for under $300 :huh:

they are only making a claim of a sub moa hunting rifle...the same claim as the X-Bolt and probably some of the other popular hunting rifles :huh:

bighonkinjeep

Im not exactly sure its a " sub minute claim an havent seen anything close to a sub minute gaurantee. They claim " Often delivers sub MOA". How often remains to be seen and accuracy and reliability are two different things.
Even most manufacturers econorifle lineups seem to do MOA with a good load in the CNC age.

Taurus has a pretty long history of quality issues even when copying proven designs... just sayin...
Yall first LOL

Stevie Ray

They should focus on convincing people that their pistols are worth owning first. You won’t find a Taurus in my safe after two poorly operating purchases that I sold long ago.
For sure.

I've bought one stinking Taurus in my life, a brand new 856 38 spl Ultra-Lite revolver that started messing up with indexing the cylinder after about 50 rounds, sent it back to Taurus and to much of my dismay it looked as though somebody beat on the cylinder with a sledge hammer and it still messed up with indexing.

That pistol was probably bought 12-15 years ago and has been sitting in my safe ever since.

Never will I ever consider Taurus again.

krizia829

Based around the Rem 700 action. May be promising, however, Taurus still doesn't convince me..

I sent out way too many Taurus firearms back to their repair center when working at BP to buy any of their guns..

Only Taurus I've ever truly liked is my dad's PT-99 AF. Shoots and feels just like the Beretta 92. Never had an issue!

Got a friend who works there. I'll see what he thinks of it