Team 10 is now the "Grim Reapers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGAHunter

We're still out here....it has been a while....it seems here lately I have been playin Matt's guide service. I have had a few buddies who have not had the opportunitties to hunt this year so I have taken them....they have been flinging arrows left and right and only one has connected. It's kinda comical. Any way this weekend + Monday and Tuesday are all about me and killing a few deer. I won't have to worry about talking anybody that needs "guiding", so to speak, it will just be me and a buddy or two that knows what they are doing. We have been seeing a BUNCH of does and a few small bucks....one of them we call Stupid....he is a 2.5 year old 8pt. He comes by one of 3 stands EVERY time we get in them....but he needs to grow. Hope this weekend goes great for ya'll....should be good with the cool snap....Anyway good luck.
MATT

cpowel10

We're still out here....it has been a while....it seems here lately I have been playin Matt's guide service. I have had a few buddies who have not had the opportunitties to hunt this year so I have taken them....they have been flinging arrows left and right and only one has connected. It's kinda comical. Any way this weekend + Monday and Tuesday are all about me and killing a few deer. I won't have to worry about talking anybody that needs "guiding", so to speak, it will just be me and a buddy or two that knows what they are doing. We have been seeing a BUNCH of does and a few small bucks....one of them we call Stupid....he is a 2.5 year old 8pt. He comes by one of 3 stands EVERY time we get in them....but he needs to grow. Hope this weekend goes great for ya'll....should be good with the cool snap....Anyway good luck.
MATT

I haven't gotten a deer yet this year...that buck sure could give me some points. I won't have a problem hitting him....its the killing part that a little tricky

SouthGAHunter

Guys.....cpowell10 actually did that very thing too...He shot that same buck (aka Stupid) this morning at 8:10 on my lease in Wilcox Co. He was a 7pt. (8pt. missing a G3 on his right side) I think it's about time I quit letting deer walk and smack a few now

rta47

Guys.....cpowell10 actually did that very thing too...He shot that same buck (aka Stupid) this morning at 8:10 on my lease in Wilcox Co. He was a 7pt. (8pt. missing a G3 on his right side) I think it's about time I quit letting deer walk and smack a few now

Thats what i did! I watched a good many bucks last season walk by but got lucky and took a nice 7pt.
But i really have not seen many bucks this yr? So when this guy came along sunday i took him. he is a ave-8pt ,The shot was something else i will tell the story later..
100_08131-1.jpg

cpowel10

Had to steal some possible points from team 10 and give them to team 4!
SouthGAhunter sure is good at draggin deer though!
1.jpg

rta47

Hey guys i was over looking at the score thread and i noticed that we only have 250 pts?
Not bad but am i wrong or what? Dennis has taken 3 doe`s
and i have taken 2 does which is 5 + 50=250? +
Dennis has taken a buck 89pts that comes up to a total of 339? Not counting the buck i took sunday? Which when all is sead an done would give us somewhere around 440pts?
Dennis correct me if i am wrong but i don`t think they gave any pts for the buck you took.:confused:?

I didn't have my bow in the picture, don't think they counted it. My mistake, went to town to get paper, bow back at camp, took pictures, dressed deer, realized mistake to late. I'll make it up a bigger 1

rta47

Well Dog-gone-it! Lol.. We`ll get it back Our team is strong!
Nice buck anyhow,

Hey good luck to both of you this weekend if your going!
We still have a long ways to go!

The next buck i take will hopefully be a little bigger
Atleast i will be passing up smaller bucks in hopes.
The rut is close!:bounce:

rta47

Well guys...any more luck...be honest, are you still taking the ole stick and string to the woods?

I could have taken another 8-pt saturday morning he would have scored about 100- 110? Nice buck! But i am after a buck that is much bigger than that, He has been working the area all around me.
If i don`t see the big buck i am after or one like him in the next couple weeks? I will settle for the nice 8 pt or one like him,
As far as me bowhunting all the way threw? Yes! i have been strickly bowhunting for more than 24yrs, I just love to bowhunt.

SouthGAHunter

Guys I have been a few more times....not too much seen....kinda depressing...with the rut so close I would figure I would see more...o well...that's why they call it hunting...i'm going to the Auburn homecoming game this weekend...i'll be out of the woods on Sat. hopefully i'll go fri night and sunday night....maybe my luck will change....

Just checkin in
MATT

rta47

Matt hang in there! The bucks are really starting to rome around you could have one pop out at any time. Good luck!

dennisummers: That trip to ill sounds great!
I here they have been taking some awesome bucks up there.
Maby you can connect. Good luck and be safe!

P.S Dennis how did you get hooked up to be about to hunt ill? I have thinking of going next yr myself any info would be great.thanks

Guys i had four bucks on me sunday.
one 2 1/2 yr old buck buck walk right under me at 10:30am so i took him he is not the one i was really wanting but i had fun and to me thats what it is all about.

I posted him in the contest thread so that should give us somewhere around 490pts
I have one more doe to take and i will be all done with this thing.
Guys its all up to you now best of luck to you both...terry

SouthGAHunter

Thanks Clint, for tellin on somebody.....he's right guys, I choked this past saturday on a doe at 24 yards!!!! I couldn't believe it.....all season my arrows have been finding their mark, but not saturday....

When she first came out into the pines I was in I had in my mind 30 yards.....I tried to draw but she busted me....for the next 5-10 minutes she stared me down, then started walking towards me....i finally got drawn....put my 30 yard pin on her and.......whack....a brand new broadhead covered in dirt...It was my fault, really stupid, I just rushed my shot because she was getting spooked. Absolutely p'oed me off....I just didn't take into account that she had moved closer than when she came out.....I just had in my head 30 yards. O well, we're headed back this afternoon....i'll make up for it....I've now quit letting does walk, until I kill a couple....I've got some revenge killing to do

Status
Not open for further replies.