Team 12 The bird bustin, snood stomping boys

Big Country Boy

Anybody going to the woods this weekend ?? I'm taking monday off so i'll have 3-days off maybe i can finish off my limit !!! Gonna try to finish with the bow...that would make for a awsome season i'd be happy... :banana:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Yeah they are a starting to get after it pretty good.....:fine: I will say this though........:banginghe I had one pull a Hoodini on me this am. I had trolled out this ridge this morning and not heard a thing till I got out to the far end. You see the other day I got on one in the same area but there is a 200-300 yard deep gorge to cross with a big creek in the bottom. I went around the long way the other day and he had went quiet by the time I got in the same area he had been in. Today however, he was cutting me off double gobbling and I couldn't take it no more........ So I dove off the cliff to cross the HUGE valley. So about a hundred yards from the top on the other side he is gobbling at everything..... I guess he heard me walking (shall I say crawling:hair:) in the leaves and here he came. Well I was out in the open hanging onto a tree on this cliff and had nowhere to go. He was coming down the hill and he spotted something he didn't like and putted and eased back up the hill. I let him walk off and gave him 10-15 minutes before I moved. I went ahead and finshed my mtn. climbing to the top and eased around a ridge to the pine thicket I thought he probably went. I set up and waited another 10 minutes or so before calling. As soon as I yelped he cut me off less then 50 yards in front of me I turned to him and got ready. A few minutes later there he is at 30 yards looking for the hen. I had no shot and had to turn a bit to get one, I waited for him to go behind a tree before I moved. He stepped out I had a questionable shot through some nasty brush so I passed waiting for a better shot. He stepped out and I was actually putting my finger on the trigger............ All of the sudden he putted and took two steps back in the brush and I haven't seen him since......:banginghe:cry: As bad as that stinks at least I got to hear him gobble (a couple hundred times) and I figured out a way to get to him without needing rappelling gear. Bad thing is it's about a hour and half walk to him from the truck........:crazy: O well next morning I'm off it's on..........:pop:

Big Country Boy

Well the last 3-hunts have been tough!!! Had my little girl with me saturday had a bird coming in hung up across r.d at lease.. Then sunday had 2-birds coming in on a string but the neighbors next to me came up my fire break & busted them up :banginghe I LET THEM HAVE IT!!! NOW THIS MORNING I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED:huh: I HAD ONE COME UP BEHIND ME 75 YDS.. THEN WENT THE OTHER WAY GOBBLING HIS HEAD OFF... GUESS THEY ARE JUST BEING TURKEYS.. MY THIRD BIRD WILL BE WELL EARNED FOR ME.

Big Country Boy

Awsome!!!! I had faith in ya...congrats!!! I hope we all have some more luck.

Big Country Boy

Good job u dawg. Where are nate and Corey?

I THINK THEY FORGOT ABOUT US!!!! :huh: WE SURE NEED SOME HELP...I CANT SEEM TO GET THIS THIRD BIRD. THEY HAVE KICKED MY BUTT AND ARE STILL ON HENS WHERE I'VE BEEN HUNTING IN HEARD COUNTY. I'VE BEEN HEARING MORE GOBBLIN THAN EVER BUT THEY GO OFF WITH HENS :mad:.

Nate23

I've been in the woods at least 15 hunts this season and just can't seem to seal the deal. Plenty of birds where I have been hunting as I have cameras set up and plenty of gobbling on the limb. I am headed to the lease again this weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to seal the deal.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Man thats awsome!!! Your the man...way to hang in there

O I got a date with another Friday morning..... I ain't done yet.................. I hope....::;

Big Country Boy

Well i'm glad cooler weather is here this weekend i'm heading out after them..good luck to those going !!!!

Unicoidawg

Staff member
All right guys I got one more morning in me......... I'm on shift Friday, so Friday and Saturday mornings are out........... I have had a pretty good year, so far I have went 18 times, seen 46 birds (some may have been the same on diff mornings), heard birds 15 mornings and taken 2 mature toms. I have also called up and let 16 jakes walk. It sure has been fun mixing it up with you boys..... :yeah:

Big Country Boy

I hear ya u-dawg !!! It has been fun & exciting i'm about to head out with my buddy for the last day. Its been nice to meet you fellas see ya'll next year!!!! Good lord willing i'll be here & ready!!!!