Team 19 Run-N-Gun

jdthayer

Run-N-Gun sounds good w/me. I wish today was the 20th! What counties do y'all hunt? I'm mostly in Wilkes and Habersham for turkeys. Best of luck to y'all.

Fire Dawg 20

i hunt banks county and habersham county.....jdthayer,i will shoot you a pm with my number and when you are around habersham we will get together and hunt some....maybe us together can chum up some birds. ckckbritt can you change the team name to Team Run -N- Gun? That is if you are on board with that.

doghuntin

Name sounds good to me, took a friends son this morning for the youth season in alabama, had two good gobblers at 75 yds but couldn't get them to break off the hens they had. Maybe can get him one tomorrow. Good luck to everyone this season. I mostly hunt in carroll and heard county in ga. and cleburne and randolph in al.

jdthayer

Sounds good Fire Dawg looking forward to it. Good luck to you, doghuntin, on getting that boy a gobbler. I wish I could have gotten off some this week to go to Mississippi. I'm waiting on a report from my brother, as it is their opening day.

ckckbritt

That name sounds good to me! Looking forward to this year its my first time in the turkey challenge. Hopefully it will be a good opener, got some good sign in morgan county. Going in the morning to do some listening! I'll get on changing the name. Good luck to ya"ll

jdthayer

Let us know what you hear ckckbritt. I look forward to hearing back from you as I've not had a chance to listen working two jobs and two young ones. I know the areas they roost on my club in Wilkes, and will be there on opening day (evening). My first year in the challenge as well. Good luck!

ckckbritt

Well guys had a pretty good/bad morning. We bust 8 to 10 off the roost going in. No gobbles to be heard but saw more fly down during the morning and heard the ladies talking. Saw a lot of sign on the ridges! Looking forward to this weekend!

doghuntin

I'll give you guys a report in the morning when I get back, taking my friends little boy again in the morning. Going to set up between two food plots where the birds have been going in the morning. They seem to know where we will be and go a couple of hundred yards to the other one, so we'll be waiting for them where they choose which one they are heading to. Good luck to everyone

JSpinks

Sounds good guys. I hunt in Troup County, GA and Chambers County, AL. If you are ever this way look me up.

doghuntin

Had a good morning but no bird to show for it, had 2 gobblers, a jake and 4 hens. never could get one of them to gobble, they strutted like crazy but would not leave them hens. We tried to cut them off but never could get the little guy a shot he was comfortable with. So we backed off and let them be, then went to another plot and set up and had a nice gobbler come out and show off for a minute and then 6 hens came out behind him and took him away. Maybe I can get this boy a turkey befor to long because he has got the fever now,

jdthayer

Sounds good.

Good to hear from you Jspinks. Have y'all done any good in AL yet? I was hoping to make it to my uncle's lease opening weekend but couldn't get off work. I'll be off this weekend though and plan on sitting by some trees and making sweet hen music. I can't wait guys.
Sounds good guys. I hunt in Troup County, GA and Chambers County, AL. If you are ever this way look me up.

jdthayer

Doghuntin, I sure hope you can get that boy a gobbler. I know it must be killing ya!

JSpinks

Good to hear from you Jspinks. Have y'all done any good in AL yet? I was hoping to make it to my uncle's lease opening weekend but couldn't get off work. I'll be off this weekend though and plan on sitting by some trees and making sweet hen music. I can't wait guys.

Season came in on Monday in Alabama but have had to work. I will be hunting this weekend though. Should be pretty good with the temps starting to pick up.

A buddy of mine called a bird up for his son this weekend in Alabama but he said it was typical early season bird, didnt say much too much in the tree and came in queit. Hopefully that all changes soon.

doghuntin

I hope to get him one this week while he is on spring break, if it was just me I believe I could have taken one of those birds. But I am trying to teach him to be patient and wait for the right time and he is listening. Going to a different property this afternoon and see where I am going to set up for saturday and hopefully get a bird to put in the contest. I have been seeing a lot of large tracks and the hillside around that area is scratched to death last week when I was down there. JSpinks I don't know where you hunt in chambers county, but last year I was working in auburn and I saw turkeys everywhere down that way coming back and fourth home. Good luck guys.

jdthayer

I wanted to wish you all the best of luck this weekend as this'll probably be my last time on here til Sunday evening or so. Missing opening morning due to work but headed out that afternoon! May your woods be filled w/longbeards gobbling followed by blasts from the gun!!!:cheers:

Latest posts