team #21 "Team blackjack"

LEGHORN

Hey, Congrats to you guys on an awesome year. PLP, it appears you and I enjoy helping DNR manage their turkey population. All three of my entries were from WMAs, and I believe your's were as well. I'm still thinking of where you might be hunting, given the proximity to Capt. Stan, descriptions of hunts, etc. I'm thinking if I had of had more time this year - I may have ran across your name on the sign-in/harvest sheet on a couple of new places I wanted to try this year. Oh well maybe we'll run across each other next year. Congrats Again.

Public Land Prowler

Thanks leghorn.Congrats to you for your success on public land as well.You,me,and some of the other guys have proven if you stick with it..You can harvest some nice birds.And with the help of friends you can do even better..lol

The first Bird was taken on a WMA,and I am sure several people have seen the sign in sheet.I hope they think I don't know how to measure birds...lol

The other 2 birds were taken on some very popular public land.The hunting is not anywhere as good as it used to be there,but if you keep at it,you can get lucky.It is most likely where you are thinking it is.I have seen a good poult population already.I sure hope they build back up!This was my toughest season in 6 years.I did get super lucky with those 2 big birds.I think it is because the turkey population is down so low,and we have had such a bad predator/hunting pressure problem the last 2 years that not many young birds have made it,and what birds are still alive are the old tough birds.

Maybe we can get a hunt together next season!

lock on

Yeah I just checked that out! Good job guys and some awesome looking pigs! I want to come down there and shoot some with you soon! Congrats!

Latest posts