Team 24 is now "TEAM LIMIT OUT"

The Horned Toad

Yeah I haven't heard one Gobble yet. I was going to take this week off to hunt but only took off today and going to save my days for later in the season. I called in a Jake this afternoon and let him walk.

lock on

Well guys i had a close call today! Had a bird fired up but it started sleeting really hard, he gobbled twice then pitched to a different ridge. Im breaking his neck in the morning!!!

The Horned Toad

Where r u hunting at where it's cold enough to sleet.

The Horned Toad

I hear ya hope it's full of birds and hope ur friends gets ur pics to you in time to enter that bird. I think u have to have it posted within 7 days from the kill date.

lock on

I got the pics up, should have some cool pics to post on here when he sends the rest to me! This morning was a bust. Cold, windy, and foggy! Have to break his neck tomorrow. I hate having to wait to do it to him! Anybody on any birds right now? It's always slow up here for the 1st couple of weeks!

The Horned Toad

good deal on getting ur bird entered, we got a good start.

Huntsitall told me he was after a sure nough gooden. I'm going in blind tomorrow just gonna walk the trails and listen for one to go after. Hopfully tomorrow they'll gobble I haven't heard one this year yet.

The Horned Toad

Well guys I took myself out of the hunt due to injury this weekend. I slipped in some mud going up a bank saturday am and busted my Shen on a tree root. I limped to my hunting spot never heard anything sat there until after 10:00 and then decided to call it for this weekend.

lock on

I went trying to get a friend his 1st of the yr. We had 16 gobblers within 100 yds this am and couldn't seal the deal! 1 of the only 2 longbeards broke our way but a small puddle of water turned him around! Next year this place will be stacked! 14 jakes at once is the most I have ever saw! I videod the hunt but it wasn't a kill! Had a lot of fun though!

turkey down

Finally just went ahead and shot one Guys not Quad pod but he'll do. Got him in Thunderstorm broke away from hens to go to roost and went wrong way. Still hen'ed up got to do some ambushing I Rekon.

Attachments

• SANY0040 (2).jpg
    SANY0040 (2).jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

The Horned Toad

Congrats Ryan that's a good'un.

The Horned Toad

Anybody other than me talk to golffreak? I think he's broke out his clubs and hit the links.

lock on

I haven't, we went out today and was chasing the 2 long beards we saw the other day. 9 jakes showed up and 2 hens. Then some guys decided to go fishing 100yds from us so we got to watch them fly away! Another hunt that was a bust! Should be on a public land bird shortly after daylight! Hope to get us another 1 soon!

Have a bunch of training classes this month so I figured I'd go ahead and put another one on the board. He's got a 10.5" beard ,21 lbs, 1 1/4 spurs. Very sharp bird hunted from Daylight till 11:00 Gobbled and struted all Morning awesome hunt.

Attachments

• SANY0054 (2).jpg
    SANY0054 (2).jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 208
  • SANY0067 (2).jpg
    SANY0067 (2).jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 203

The Horned Toad

Congrats Ryan, Great bird.

The Horned Toad

Came close today. Just couldn't get him to play along for the entire game and then I bumped him and watched him fly through the woods.

lock on

Hey guys, I have still been chasing them just not getting on any birds lately. Went to the Master's practice round today but the rest of the week its game on! Hope to kill 1 in the morning! Be heading to Kentucky for its opener soon and its exciting! That should be some dead birds for sure! Keep killing boys!

lock on

Well if it wasn't for bad luck we would have a monster down this morning! My gun would not shoot and I had a giant at 12 yds! Was an awesome video and an amazing morning! Maybe 2mrw will be better! Got a new gun out of the deal anyway

The Horned Toad

I heard one across the property line today but couldn't call him in.