trkyburns

Wooohooo! I like the looks of this team! :cool:

Team 26:
jaymax
fredw
alphamaxtony32
trkyburns
chase870

This is trkyburns reporting in. I live in Rome and hunt mostly in Floyd, Chattooga, & Gordon Counties. Been turkey hunting well over 20 years and I become more obsessed with it each season.

Y'all got any ideas for a team name?

Last edited:

Huntinfool

Yeh....gotta be honest....this one kind of jumped out at me once I saw the assignments. Y'all are gonna be seriously tough.

fredw

Retired Moderator
fredw checking in. I live in Marietta and will be doing my Georgia hunts in Oglethorpe Co., the Corp of Engineers property on Lake Allatoona, and on the River Creek WMA quota hunt.

I'll also hunt in Fl, NM, and Tx.

How about Drop and Flop for a team name?

tony32

hey gang my name is tony i live in milner ga most of my hunting is done in the counties around me im looking forward to this season and this friendly little game ....just dont expect much on opening day that day is my wifes turn but after that, its on ....hey fred sounds good to me ....good luck guys lets show them some birds

chase870

Possum Sox
chase870 checking in. fred you can stop in Winder and pick me up on your way to Oglethorp. I hunt Jones County and anywhere else I can without breaking the law. I also hunt wma's a good bit on weekdays. 2oz's of #5's on the way

jaymax

Dang boys...looks like we got a KILLER team:banana: I got a call today that said we had a good one..hope that means we are already ruffeling a few feathers..lol..you guys dont have to worry about my 3..i got around 27 years of wathching turkeys die runnin through my blood and i'm only 30..as far as where i hunt goes..well, depends on the species..i'll be in Banks co. opening morning with a friend and my bow..any of ya'll need anything, just holler at me..i'll pm my cell to all..good luck guys:yeah::cheers:

trkyburns

Looks like we're all here and accounted for. If no one has any objection I am going to add the name "Drop & Flop" to our thread title since I started the thread. I can always change it if we come up with something better in the next few days.

tony32

Looks like we're all here and accounted for. If no one has any objection I am going to add the name "Drop & Flop" to our thread title since I started the thread. I can always change it if we come up with something better in the next few days.

sounds real good to me

jaymax

re-check for me in commerce friday morn...

tony32

i found me a bird or two this morning hope he does right in the AM ...good luck guys

fredw

Retired Moderator
Oglethorpe Co. was dead this morning. I hunted until noon and didn't hear a bird. I'll be back at it on Monday morning on the Corp of Engineers property on Lake Allatoona.

Anyone do any good?

jaymax

I'm guiding this weekend guys..i'll be sure to make up next weekend for ya...gota get some folks out of the way..good luck, Jay

trkyburns

Hunted in Gordon County this morning. Had two birds gobbling on the roost just across the property line but they went quiet when they hit the ground. Had hens all around us and messed around with them. Around 11:00 found two longbeards, one was strutting in corner of the field. Called to them and another bird, looked like a 2 year old, came running in silent... Watched the three gobblers fight for 5 minutes... it was awesome. Birds never got in range. Gonna go in the morning for a couple hours before church.

Good luck!

tony32

sorry guys i messed it up today i bumped 2 awesome birds this Am my bad ill come back though i promise

chase870

Possum Sox
I wasn't sure I'd find one this morning but I did. He's a old bad boss bird, and he ate me up. Called him up and he hung up on me, was able to move on him and he snuck up behind me in a wide open pasture about 20 yards away. Ended up trying to shoot him on the run, looking into the sun. I gave him a good education, and I doubt I will ever be able to call him back up.