Team 26, "Drop & Flop"

tony32

atta boy jaymax way to bring em in for the team and love the fact your a hoyt man

trkyburns

Nice job Jay.

I struck out this weekend. Went to a new place I had scouted before the season on Saturday, private land. Getting out of the truck and a kid pulls up on a 4 wheeler with a scoped 30-30 slung across his back!!! Me & Dukeboy questioned him and he seemed to have permission. We scolded him for carrying the rifle and told him to be careful (i turned him in to DNR later). Heard him shoot the rifle about an hour after light. Found out later he didn't have permission! Long story short... that hunt sucked. Later that afternoon, different place, we were close to a group with at least 3 longbeards and hens when an old lady on a 4 wheeler came riding through the property and scared em off. Bad day.

Went with Dukeboy and Ryanwhit this morning and came real close a couple times. Had an exciting hunt until the t-storms started.

I'll be back at it a few times this week and I'm taking Friday off to hunt all day.

fredw

Retired Moderator
Guys I let you down this morning. I had three toms and a hen in a food plot and didn't take a shot. I thought the distance was questionable and, as a result, didn't shoot. We paced it off afterwards and it was within 40 yards. I am kicking myself.

I'll try to do better tomorrow.

trkyburns

Don't worry Fred, it happens. It takes more discipline to hold off on taking a shot than it does to take a chance when you're not sure. You'll get plenty more chances.

Huntinfool

Don't worry about it buddy. Everybody on here knows what you're all about. Don't even justify these morons with a response.

trkyburns

Well guys, I'm off tomorrow and planning to hunt all day if I have to. Over the past two evenings I have roosted 2 different birds and if all goes well they will be roosted in the same general area tomorrow. I'm going to leave them alone this evening. My percentage of kills is considerably higher when I hunt by myself and for myself (knock on wood), and I don't get to do it nearly often enough... I can't wait!

fredw

Retired Moderator
Well guys, I'm off tomorrow and planning to hunt all day if I have to. Over the past two evenings I have roosted 2 different birds and if all goes well they will be roosted in the same general area tomorrow. I'm going to leave them alone this evening. My percentage of kills is considerably higher when I hunt by myself and for myself (knock on wood), and I don't get to do it nearly often enough... I can't wait!
Go get them teammate.

jaymax

Gladly will call for someone Saturday morn???

Good luck bro..wish i could go in the morning..i'll be thinking about yall while fighting traffic..looks like i will head toward AL next weekend, so if you guys need some help around here, please feel free to call me..i would love to work one for any of you saturday morning on cam.. i've got to be back for an egg hunt by lunch...ya'll should have my cell in a pm from earlier, Jay

trkyburns

attaboy Tony!

I hope to get one on camera myself Saturday. My brother who lives in South Carolina will be here and he is too cheap to buy out of state hunting license so he will be filming me and hopefully a nice gobbler getting his head smashed.

fredw

Retired Moderator
Wtg Tony!

I'll be chasing Washington Co. birds next week. Taking the weekend off for family things.

jaymax

Thata boy tony! Glad to have a bunch of great guys on the team! Keep'em rolling boys!

tony32

thanks boys going to wait for the next on dont want the season to end too early for me but hey i can always go guiding

chase870

Possum Sox
I'll be back at it in the morning. I've been trying to hold off on doing battle with the "Doc's Destroyer" for a couple of weeks in hopes he will be over the opening morning go round we had. I hope to find some birds on the other end of the property

trkyburns

I took yesterday off and had high hopes... nothing. Two birds gobbling on another club next to ours, one of them died judging by the sound of things. Hunted til 1:30, absolutely nothing seen or heard. This morning, went to a new property that I haven't hunted yet this year... nothing.

All I can say is I hope things turn around soon, and I'm sure they will when hens start laying... just hurry up! As of right now, it is DEAD up here in NW GA.

jaymax

I heard 5-6 this weekend hunting different places..i called in 7 shooters and watched 2 of them get shot in the face...made 1 good video on 1 of those hunts..overall, great weekend!

jaymax

Please O Please Sir....don't twist my arm:cool:...

chase870

Possum Sox
I'll try to roll one in the morning, see if they want to play before the front rolls in.