Team 26, "Drop & Flop"

tony32

ok guys leaving at 3 in the morning to hunt kentucky for the next 3 days i limited in ga but my pics went bad on me my camera went out on me but i should bring back 2 from up there ill let yall know friday .....good luck to you guys

trkyburns

Go get 'em Tony! Bummer about your camera and pics getting messed up, but I'm betting you will get 2 more in KY.
Jay, have you been to FLA yet?

I hunted in the rain Saturday but I still haven't gotten to seen how good my new place is going to be on a good morning with good weather. Maybe that will happen this Saturday. It's too far of a drive to hunt during the week.

Headed to a new place on the mountain part of my club in a couple hours. As far as I know it hasn't been hunted yet... it's steep, very steep... which is probably why it hasn't been hunted any. I will find out soon enough.

Lastly, continuing the saga of my worst luck season ever... I lost my new favorite striker last week. It was a goose wingbone with bocote wood made by Alan Sentell... very pretty and sounded good. Went back to look for it and they had begun logging in that area the very next day. Gone forever.

trkyburns

It's about to be on in the morning boys! :cool: I have heard fewer gobbles and seen fewer birds than any season I can ever remember, not to mention that the ones I have heard have been on bordering property. I have not even had the opportunity to even work a bird on the limb this entire season and I have only worked birds on the ground a handful of times... and I have hunted hard. I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but I have a feeling my luck is about to change in the morning... ::;

Dukeboy was nice enough to get me permission to hunt with him on a place that is over 2,000 acres and we will be the only ones hunting it in the morning. :cheers: He has been there twice and heard at least 6 gobblers each time.

I hope I can post on here tomorrow feeling like my old self again... right now I'm not feeling like much of a turkey hunter, but that's about to change! :banana:

Tony, how was Kentucky?

Anybody else doing much?

fredw

Retired Moderator
trkyburns, I had one bird gobbling good in Washington Co. yesterday morning and two on River Creek WMA this morning.

Two of the birds rode home with me;-) Actually, I think of it as a bird and a half. Story and pics to follow.

chase870

Possum Sox
I'll hunt in the morning on my way to work again. My buddy Jayson aka ADDICTED2HUNTIN might go with me since he limited out this morning. He killed 2 nice birds, I dont blame him for not taking me there.

chase870

Possum Sox
Doc's Destroyer

Guess who these belong to?????????? Never never answer the Owl Hooter. He was tough he wouldnt answer mine, but ADDICTED2HUNTIN had his and the Destroyer hadn't heard it before. It was the mistake I needed him to make. He's been fun

Attachments

• IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1675.JPG
    IMG_1675.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 109

tony32

awesome bird sounds like there is a really good story behind him also lol congrats to you guys ....... we got our rears kicked in kentucky we had birds but between the mountains and the yotes it was tough no place for a fat flat woods GA boy i tell ya what but we had a blast and also some good fellowship to go with it . we got some good footage of birds and a yote that looked to be the size of a wolf takin a load to the face it was awesome !

trkyburns

That's a heck of a bird Chase. Congrats!

I hunted 8 hours Saturday morning. No telling how many miles we walked, got blisters on both feet. I guess I jinxed us because we didn't hear a single gobble. I don't know when the last time I heard a gobble was. Saw some birds, bumped a few. I'm not used to hunting flatwoods and planted pines... I have a new respect for you boys that do that.

I'm still trying :O :banginghe

chase870

Possum Sox
Thanks guys the destroyer got his head smacked. He was not where he was supposed to be. We knew there were birds close by and set down. No sooner than I got my slate call out of my pocket Jayson hit his owl hooter and the destroyer fired off. I was almost right under him. A owl flew into the trees and the destroyer went crazy, non stop gobbling. When he flew down he almost landed in my lap, I could'nt see him he had a bush between us. Jayson kept tellin me to shoot him, when I told him I couldnt see him, he started cuttin at him and the destroyer stuck the head up. 2 Oz of #5's and we were on the way to work. It was a awsome hunt.

tony32

guys with all the bad luck this year with cameras messing up and all we just didnt have a chance and folks not getting to count theirs for what ever reason i just wanted to say i had a great time playing [bust the head on the bird ]with each and every one of you i made a new friend jay your awesome , hope to do it again one day be blessed and safe now lets get geared up to smoke some whitetail good luck guys , i had a ball

jaymax

guys with all the bad luck this year with cameras messing up and all we just didnt have a chance and folks not getting to count theirs for what ever reason i just wanted to say i had a great time playing [bust the head on the bird ]with each and every one of you i made a new friend jay your awesome , hope to do it again one day be blessed and safe now lets get geared up to smoke some whitetail good luck guys , i had a ball

You said it bro, i had a great time and do apologize again for 2 of my birds not counting..always nice to make new friends! Congrats Fred and Chase for killing your limits and Chase a heck of a bird to end your season on(even if someone eles did call it up) LOL...had to throw that in! Yall holler if ya'll ever need me! Thanks, Jay

chase870

Possum Sox
Great time guys. Best I can figure we tied for 8th place. Not a bad finish for having a few bumps in the road. I look foward to next year and hope to have you'll on the same team again. The Destroyer almost ate my lunch, he just couldnt resist Jaysons owl hooter

tony32

in turkeys there is always bumps in the road keep in touch guys im on and off this thing all the time just yell if i can help with anything

trkyburns

Hey guys, if it seems like I've been missing for a while it's because I have been. Just got back from a long, and long overdue, vacation at the beach (at Cape San Blas, FL... awesome fishing there if you've never been!).

I don't know what to say here except, well, it would be a gross understatement to say I had a down season - it was without a doubt my worst season ever. The reasons are many and varied but I won't go into them because in the end I just flat out didn't get it done and I won't make excuses. But that's turkey hunting and part of the reason I love it so much!

I enjoyed getting to know y'all, and I would welcome the chance to be teammates with any of you in a future turkey challenge. Congrats on y'alls great seasons, I was genuinely happy for you each time you posted a kill and you guys carried us to a very respectable finish. If a few things had gone differently we could have easily won this thing...

It's been fun! Take care my turkey hunting brethren!