Team #3 "Strut Bustas"

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Gonna go post it up.....

ghost8026

Nice bird bud congrats...thanks for getin us on the board..ill be at it this weekend and after next week ill have 9 straight days to chase em

Unicoidawg

Staff member
It was a good morning guys...... They are getting good. I had a pretty much sure thing this morning so I took the wife and let her get her one. Sorry we don't get any points out of it, but that's ok. Here is the story and pics.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?p=8614021#post8614021

ghost8026

Good deal congrats to yall....after I get off tomorro I have 9 straight days of huntin I sure hope they are fired up..talked to few guys today and they didn't hear a thing this am and I didn't last wweekend either..but the weather has been nice all week so my fingers are crossed for some good gobblin action

Maduro on Point

Nice Job Brandon! I was in the woods when you sent that over. Way to get the job done! Been a strange season so far. Been on birds a good deal just cant close the show. I wanted a little extra help on this bird so I was hunting with a friend of mine, an older Gentleman Charles Allen. I had a bird for 2 days in a row that would hang on a ridge (The ridge is on another property a hundred or so yards from our line) and just gobble his head off but never move close enough to get a shot at. So we got in early a little after 5. I set up on my tree in the hardwood bottoms and Charles was back from my set up. After my first call to the gobbler and he answered Charles was backing out and would make a call, he answered and five or six minutes later Charles had walked back father making a call and him answering to give the Tom the impression the hen was leaving. Bird never moved in close enough to shoot. On the walk out we had to cross a creek same creek I noticed on the way in Charles almost didn’t make the jump across. I decided to walk across a fallen tree that made a bridge over the creek. Well Charles followed me caught a vine and flipped off the log and fell seven or eight feet to the creek bottom. After getting him alert, out of the water and then out of the creek bottom and back to our trucks Charles was having some issues. Long story short two broken ribs, one crushed rib and two punctured lungs later Charles is on the mend.

ghost8026

Man that's a rough hunt there that.hope your friend is doin ok...thats a rough way to end the hunt.....yea it has been strange season...yesterday I was on 5 different gobbkers today only one and he's doin the routine they've done all season gobble in limb then shuts down and disappears on the ground...but then 10 miles down the road where I killed my bird on my friends lease they have been on fire there most season for them and gobblin on ground. ...dang turkeya will drive you crazy for sure way they change day to day

Maduro on Point

Thanks Brandon he is not out of the woods yet. I was up there last night with him and they cant get one of his his lungs to inflate all of the way because there is trapped air in the cavity from the punctures so they are talking about doing sugary to insert a larger tube in his lung to get out . They are going to see what things look like this morning and make a decision. Keep on the birds sounds like you are in the middle of them. Hopefully I can put up a number or two this weekend. Good Luck Guys be safe and enjoy!

Maduro on Point

Whew!!! getting lonely on our board! Keep with it fellas it has to break soon we are due for a large number of birds to be posted. Will be back at it Thur or Friday. Good luck

ghost8026

Yea it is... I hit it hard all last week..seen few in the rain out in fields but couldn't getem to respond all had hens with them...the one I missed last tues had a hen with him...before all the rain moved in though the first 3 days I hunted they were absolutely hammerin it..I'm hopin it will turn around for us still. ..i hope to be able hunt fri am but am for sure sat and sun...goodluck guys

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Wow guys that is a rough end to a hunt. Hopefully he heals quickly. I am flying out Friday morning for 8 days in Missouri at my best friends place. I will check in here and there as the internet service is very spotty. Keep at it, but be safe.......

Maduro on Point

Thanks guys! Charles is doing good (tough old bird for 76 year old) He is done for the season but out of the hospital and resting at home. Heading up to Warwoman Wed. Will hunt until the Saturday there and then down to Greene Co to finish out the weekend. If I don't have one on the board by then I may stay in the woods until the season closes! Good luck to you Unicoi hope it is a good trip for ya. Brandon get us another one on the board will ya! Be safe and enjoy!

ghost8026

Them ol guys are a lot tougher than most of us ever dream to be hope he continues to recover...ill be back after them fri eve through the weekend..probably take one more day off to add to the last weekend of season..I sure hope I can get another. .way they was fired up this weekend I thought I had em comin then....good luck to yall we need some pointsoto push us up some

ghost8026

Yall still after em and goin this weekend? I'm goin morro eve and wilk be huntin till mon midday that will wrap it up for me then

Maduro on Point

Well that is it. Season is over for 2014. Sorry guys I did not put anything up. I missed two birds this year and have no excuses. Enjoyed getting to know you Brandon and good luck to you down the road. Enjoy it Arron and Unico take care.
Eric

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I did manage a good bird out in Missouri, but didn't mess with posting it up as one wasn't gonna catapult us to the top. It was a good year, I saw a good number of jakes and had a good time chasing them. Enjoyed it fellas.......

ghost8026

Great to get to meet and know you guys maybe we will have a better year next year yall have a safe time in the woods waitn on next season