Team #32

brucemacgee19

went to low country sc...... father in law killed another one. he is a killer (ham man nc) for sure! tryin to learn from him everyday still. I have been in them for two weekends, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. maybe this weekend I'll get to hammer a good necktie. congrats fountain I hear ya buddy. looks like that extra homework on the pattern that gun throws worked out for ya. leaving again on wed. to go back at it. we shall see then good luck

fountain

you know the crazy thing about it?--i was shooting my gun. i went and traded the .650 in for a .685 firday afternoon and picked up some nitro 3.5" #7.5's w/2 5/8 oz. shot. i never got to pattern it. i will go back this week and get more to go in my wifes gun. i then plan to try both chokes and pick form the best and put the other one in my gun. i just want hers to pattern the best it can--i hope my encore stuff will get here before the season goes out! until then, she has got the first shot, unless something like saturday's hunt happens again.

Steven Farr

you know the crazy thing about it?--i was shooting my gun. i went and traded the .650 in for a .685 firday afternoon and picked up some nitro 3.5" #7.5's w/2 5/8 oz. shot. i never got to pattern it. i will go back this week and get more to go in my wifes gun. i then plan to try both chokes and pick form the best and put the other one in my gun. i just want hers to pattern the best it can--i hope my encore stuff will get here before the season goes out! until then, she has got the first shot, unless something like saturday's hunt happens again.

Save your shells. The .685 will blow the .650 out of the water. .685 is as tight as I would go with the 835. .685 to .695 is the optimal range of constriction in those guns. You will proud of what that .685 will do to a target.

fountain

after i get more of the nitros-i do plan to shoot them through the .670 and .685 in my wifes gun and the other choke goes in my 835. the little 20 ga shells came today!!!!!!!! all i need now is the bbl.

Steven Farr

I added 2 longbeards to the tally. Check out the entry thread.:banana::banana:

brucemacgee19

been gone hunting......

just got back today........ terrible down in sc. they haven't gotten with hens yet????? there was gobblers together tearin it up but had no want to get with hens. and there were a couple gobblers with hens that were strugglin to keep up with them. it was the weirdest four days of hunting in my career. one day hens go to them after the first gobble and the day would be over.....then the next day you would see hens in the food plots by themselves like they were nesting already...... me and the ham man nc were dumbfounded. I guess everyday is a good lesson but the sad part about it.....I don't know what I learned. only bit of information that I learned was that the next peice of property has three acres of chufa. that didn't help the moral any. go again wed. sorry fellas I ain't pullin my wieght.

fountain

hey--i am sure you will. we still have a lot of time left. i hope i can get on some more shortly. i think my uncle is going to clear cut his part of the land here shortly. if he does i can hang it up.

Steven Farr

Heck Bruce, it won't even be good for 2 more weeks. You are gonna get yours in due time buddy. I hope my next one is a real monster:bounce: I would like a 1.5 " spurred bird to anchor our other turkeys.

Fountain, I hate it for your wife man. Tell her to keep her chin up and her head down on the gun.:bounce:

Good luck to you both and I hope we all 3 close the deal with a longbeard in the next few weeks.

fountain

i hope so too. i will re-check her pattern later this week. made a few changes for her. i hope the weather will be good for us this weekend and give us clear mornings.

brucemacgee19

got one on april fools boys. I'll get the pic on tonight for the kill sheet. and congrats to you mr. farr and to fountain for pullin in the big boys. we might have a shot to have a full sack at weigh in time!

brucemacgee19

going in the morning, and I'll be back sunday afternoon. hopefully we'll have something to talk about. but I have to hand it to you both..... I couldn't be happier to have you turkey killers on my team.

brucemacgee19

dang fellas.....we got screwed. I guess mr. farr's birds got declined. I bet those judges got scared we was gonna roll on in here and win this thing in the first month or something. now we got to drop the hammer on them longbeards.......good luck fellas

brucemacgee19

oh yeah baby!!!!!!!!! we are in second place right now...... and I know its early but....... the judges are swinging are way. congrats sfarr you the man. fountain and I are just gonna ride ya like a horse to the finish buddy!

fountain

i hope i can get another one to enter. i know this weekend is limited due to a training day saturday. that means i can only go sunday--which it is supposed to rain sat. evening and night--i am getting tired of this rain coming in on the weekends--no good luck. i might take a few days off work here shortly and give it a try.

fountain

well--how was this weekend? i only went this morning and head several, but they were not on our land. one was, but he flew down and went to another gobbler and from there they went to another and i heard a hen with them as well. if they would only come to our land!!! i think the other bird i have been trying to get has been killed or changed his pattern and is somewhere else. my season is going downhill fast this year. i guess i need to head to wally world and get my license and stamp and take a few days off work.

brucemacgee19

I killed on saturday.....19.125 score. then called carolinaturkeyheels up a bird on sunday....16.625 score. good weekend to say the least. lot of spitting and drumming going on. the bird I killed never answered me... awsome hunt. I got my pics on the kill sheet. good luck fountain. and hope you get on some more big ones fellas.

fountain

one more now and we have plenty of huntin time left. i have found them--just gotta get them to come over to our land. gonna stay after em this weekend and find one somewhere.

Latest posts