team 4

mallardk

Good job

Way to go Insanehunter, I spent Saturday and Sunday morning in the woods, heard and saw nothing, uncle had a few jakes come in, planning to go again one day this week.

insanehunter

thanks i dont want to kill another one for a wile i dont want it to be over! i am going to help some friends get one i am going to try to get one more but i am going to make sure its a 3 year old or bigger :flag:

BBDJR

congrats insanehunter. thats awesome!! I was on birds all weekend and couldnt get any to commit within 90 or so yards. had three toms follow a hen strutting and gobbling the whole way saturday morning. hen saw the decoy setup and took the toms the other direction. i walked up on 2 gobblers strutting saturday evening but were behind some thick brush i couldnt shoot through and then they just vanished...heard more birds gobble this weekend than i have in a while but nothing would get in range. Hopefully i can close the deal once a few hens nest up. good luck to yall.

blong

Good job on the kills but they probably won't count because of no pic with you, phone or paper and turkeys in it. We still have alot of season left lets make it count.

insanehunter

if they dont count there is sevral others that want too! i was by my self till i got home i took the birds with the phone as closes as i could to show the date and posted them the same day on the 20th

mallardk

Dang Jakes

Went Sat, saw nothing, unlce saw jakes, went Sunday saw nothing, Uncle goes yesterday evening, watched jakes go off to roost. Took 10yr old this morning for him to get a jake which would be his first bird, no dice.
As I explained to my son, can be the easiest hunting you have ever done or the hardest, and I sure cant figure em out. Will keep trying, was hoping to get him a Jake this morning so I could get back to looking for a big bird.

insanehunter

my 13 year old girl wants to try to get a bird i am going to take her soon when she can make time she stays busy with church and soccer i got a 20 ga for her i just got to get them in close!

blong

Maybe she can get a shot at one. Those 20 gauge loads nowadays are pretty brutal. By the way, I got us a 5 pt. bird this morning. Hopefully I can scratch out another one in Ms., then another in Mo or Mx.

The Arrow Guru

I hunted the Chickasawhatchee qouta from Sat til Wed morning and got 5 points for us. Would have had more. Sunday morning I caught a bird strutting in a road and got oof to the side and called a little. He was walikng to me and really only had to come 10 more yards abd BOOM. But he stopped and turned around and then ran. I stood up and walked back to Stick'n'string who was trying to film that I had no idea what spooked that birdwhen two guys walked out onto the road about where he had been strutting. Come to find out these guys parked next to one of my buddies trucks at one gate and had walked accross two other areas before popping out where I was hunting! Oh well, I also got to agressive opening morning and bumped one trying to move in tight when he gobbled at me on the ground. But 5 points anyway. Get pics up soon.

mallardk

struggling

Great job on the pts guys, trying my best to contribute , went again this morning, and nothing, don't know if birds i had pre season up and found hens or what. Other guys in area are seeing birds but none are gobbling as of yet where I am, then again if they were gobbling this morning would have had to have been close, wind was pretty brisk.

The Arrow Guru

Well that stinks insanehunter, but go out and get'em. I will be hunting Tuesday and Wednesday morning and hopefully put some more points up.

BBDJR

just letting yall know im still around and will be after them all weekend. havent had another chance to go since opening weekend!! good luck yall!!

BBDJR

chased a bird all over dawson forest and he never gobbled once. had a visual on him twice. by himself and never came to the calls. couldnt get a shot.

BBDJR

ill be down all weekend at our property in laurens county. hopefully i can score some points this weekend. good luck.

insanehunter

i am going to hunt some city birds in the am with a crossbow i never have tryed it but the place is loaded with turkeys :shoot: one more to go then i am going to do some videos hopefully. the birds at the clubs havent been gobbling much after the get on the ground:mad:

BBDJR

was all over birds all weekend and couldn't connect. not much gobbling off the roost but when they hit the ground we had 2 about 60 yards away that gobbled 20-30 times but would never show their face. then they just shutup. im getting frustrated.