Team 8

Huntinfool

Yeh, buddy....I'm ready....been ready.

Don't worry, I'm moderating this thing....I'll make sure we win this thing (wink wink) :D:D.

HuntNTails

This has got to be some good luck. I'm on a good team already...we've got the moderator on our side.:banana:

Well, I'm getting anxious to start. Just hope my areas don't get flooded out like they did last year. We got a big rain yesterday and the creek was on the rise so I'm crossing my fingers. Rode up on 5 longbeards Wed evening with about 10 or so hens so I hope they don't get in a boat and leave.

Huntinfool

I've got a really good chance of killing at least two....hopefull limit out. But two is ENTIRELY in the realm of possibility. Lots of gobblers on my main property and I'm going a couple of other places that I know have good numbers as well.

My only problem is I'm mostly a weekend warrior. Taking about 4 days off during the season to hunt as well though.

Good luck guys.

Hey, any ideas for names?

HuntNTails

Names... I always have trouble trying to come up with names especially one that hasn't been used already.

Me and two buds that are on other teams will be spending two or three days the second week of the season stomping on some wma's. I'm off on Friday-Sunday so I'll be beating some bushes on those days and just hope that luck is on my side this year. Had some bad luck last year, but my hero pulled our team through to first place. I know he had to have a back ache. lol

The state gave up one of my main wma's last year. And, wouldn't you know that it was loaded with jakes so it would've been a good year for the two yr olds. I was ill when I heard they dropped it cause it was only 17 miles from my front porch.

HuntNTails

Well guys, I went to listen on one of my tracts this morning and heard 5 birds gobbling their little heads off this morning right after daylight. I can't wait til next Sat morning!!!! I think it is the same birds I've been seeing when I ride out there. I'm not counting my dead birds yet thought cause they put the whammy on me last year and walked within 15 yds and I couldn't do a thing with them due to a tree blocking my swing. Can you say set up on the wrong side of the road!!!

Anyway, have you been hearing any??

hoytslanger87

Just found out today that a good friend is goin to let me hunt some land with him hes been seeing some good ones on(hes a new turkey hunter) and I will also be hunting Riverbend and beaverdam wma had good luck in the past.We are goin to listen in the morning, and try and get us one sat. Also seems like we have a great team and good to meet you guys.

vtdawg09

Hello fellows im excited about this season. Ill be hunting up and around athens both private and public land.

Coach N

Hello, I will be hunting middle and south georgia. I am looking forward to killing a few birds this year. If any of you want to hunt together one morning let me know I might can work it out.

vtdawg09

Coach I would love to make a trip down there and go hunting, My sister and her husband live in Fitzgerald so It wouldnt be much further if you do want to meet up and hunt

hoytslanger87

That would be great I live in tifton and go to abac. I have a few good spots at the flint river wma also if there not under water

Huntinfool

I'm always partial to names that involve smashing some skulls...

Cranium Crushers?

Melon Mashers?

Jelly Head?

Any other ideas for names guys?

Huntinfool

So we've got all our guys checked in? That's awesome! I'm starting to get the "countdown shakes". I can't concentrate and it is going to be a SERIOUS chore to get any work done this week.

vtdawg09

Nice Im doing Pre Vet up at UGA but thats besides the point...Season opens in 5 days :) I like Cranium Crashers sounds good to me

Huntinfool

Went to listen this morning where I'll be hunting....we heard five birds within 50 acres of each other and one absolutely would not shut his mouth!

Should be an "interesting" opener!

HuntNTails

Nice Im doing Pre Vet up at UGA but thats besides the point...Season opens in 5 days :) I like Cranium Crashers sounds good to me

Cranium Crashers is ok with me.

Been at work for 14hrs a day yesterday and today so I haven't been able to get to the woods. I'm getting anxious. Won't be able to sleep Friday night.

Coach N

Any of the names is fine with me. When is ABAC going on spring break? I have a ball game Sat, but will be hard at it Sunday. Let me know when some of you might want to slay some. I almost drove to AL yesterday morning and then back for BP at 2:00, but couldnt get a partner.