Team 8

Huntinfool

Well boys.....

....finished up my limit for the year this morning. Long story and I'll post it up later.

Was hunting Piedmont NWR for a couple of days. Killed a jake at first light because I had to head home this afternoon. So, I threw him in the car and drove down the road. Hit the call and got a gobble immediately.

Watched a very nice two year old strut all the way to the gun barrel and used my last shell.

Wish, now, that I hadn't killed the jake. But it was public land and I wanted more breast meat....so you guys will get 12 points out of me this year.

Huntinfool

I know man. But that's what makes me sad. What am I supposed to do till may 15? Guess the guide service is open.

Long story. But my land circumstances led me to kill the Jake. Had I known I would kill the longbeard 20 minutes later I wouldn't have done it. Public land...go figure!!

Oh well. It sure fun and I promise I won't be able to tell the diff in the meat.

vtdawg09

Good Job!! Thats an awesome story. Now I just gotta get on the board and get set up on some more turkeys

HuntNTails

I'm bored...Guess I'm gonna go out and listen in the morning and see if any birds are still left on my tracts. Might even check for the poacher on the neighbors property.

Coach N

I am having trouble loading my pics. It tells me I am missing a security token. Help! I can e-mail them to someone if that will help.

Huntinfool

Well, they were too big for one thing. But I don't know why you got that error message.

vtdawg09

Fellows Im getting oh so close and am fixing to close the deal, I went this morning and saw 3 toms all in full strut...only thing is it wasnt my property line that they werent on...I am going to get out there extremely early like an hour b4 dark and cut them off and hopfully pop some heads

Huntinfool

go get 'em buddy. If everybody puts birds on the board, we've got a good chance of at least placing.

vtdawg09

So this morning I got there way before dark and snuck up to where I saw that Tom and where he was hammering on the roost. Daylight rolls around and I set up 100 yards from a bird roostin, not as close as i thought...I start walking down the ridge and goooobbbbllleeee about 40 yards from me. I quickly set up and he never responds to my yelps but is still gobbling. I heard him about 30 times sounding like a cannon each time. Then he shuts up I wait 20 mins and can hear a hen clucking but going away from me towards a food plot. I decided to go down to the meadow where i heard the bird gobble and proceed to walk up the other hill towards a food plot. I walk out to the food plot and scare 3 deer and tell myself He isnt here...I look back down towards the creek and there he is 80 yards full strut with the hen. I drop down to my belly and army crawl about 50 yards in tall grass. I get there and raise to my knees and there he is 35 yards with the hen...he sees me and starts to run I shoot and miss, Cuz i have a modified choke. He starts flying after the shot and like an idiot flys back towards me within 10 yards...easy shot, BUT my freakin remmington 1100 jammed and I pulled the trigger and nothing happened! It did this during duck season, and took it to a gun smith and he said it was fixed but apparently not. I was sooooooooooooooo mad!!!!! Only good thing is that last night I won a shotgun at the UGA DU banquet and can put in a jellyhead choke so I can make sure I wont miss either of those two shots I had today.

HuntNTails

Dang vtdawg09...that's just wrong. No matter what you tried...no deal. Just stay after em.