Team #95

Dupree

I knew id get one of the better birds before the year was up. Once I took time to pull the tape on him I actually had 22.375. I went ahead and put him in since I was the only one that could still enter one. I guess our team is done for the year. I looked through the other teams scores, and there is no way that we can win, but we could still get a prize. Heck, we entered 6 longbeards, some teams dont have any.

Attachments

• turkey (600 x 450).jpg
    turkey (600 x 450).jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 92

dognducks

Banned
Thanks, do I need to help you get on one?

i don't even want to begin to tell you about my season. I've called in 4 birds and haven't had one die yet. I haven't been in the gunners seat either. Its been everything from them busting us to people not being able to turn and shoot them. i'll get one before the end of the season but its been pretty tough so far. I called in on for my girlfriend on friday but she couldn't see it because of a pine tree. We went agian this morning and had two gobbling on either side of us but a real hen started talking and they both went to her.

Dupree

i don't even want to begin to tell you about my season. I've called in 4 birds and haven't had one die yet. I haven't been in the gunners seat either. Its been everything from them busting us to people not being able to turn and shoot them. i'll get one before the end of the season but its been pretty tough so far. I called in on for my girlfriend on friday but she couldn't see it because of a pine tree. We went agian this morning and had two gobbling on either side of us but a real hen started talking and they both went to her.

I dont know what it is about my robert brothers glass call, but they respond well to it. The first bird I killed wouldnt even react to my mouth call, but when I hit my glass call he would drop strut and come about 15 yards closer. Yesterdays bird would only gobble at the glass call, nothing else.

dognducks

Banned
ive got a glass call that i use regularly but my tom teaser slate has been making sweet music this year. I'm just about ready to throw in the towel this year because i've been dissapointed so much. O well it's just a bird.

Zack attack

bad news.
the cell phone pic of my bird was to blurry. the judges would not except my bird. sorry guys. i took multiple pics but none turned out.

Dupree

I was afraid of that. Oh well, we still have 5 birds entered. Ill go kill another one.

Dupree

Since Zack's bird got thrown out I need to get one that will score higher than 17.5 to up our score a little bit, Since I am the only one eligible to enter one unless zack hunts out of state.

Zack attack

You need to kill one that has 2in spurs and a 20in beard to give you a score of 40. That would be incredible. There is a small chance that I will be able to hunt out of Ky before May 15 when the contest is over. Either way we have had a good year and we can't complain to much. A lot of teams have not even entered a bird.

Dupree

yeah we have killed 7 between the 3 of us, and I will get another one before the season is over.

Dupree

two more down

Last weekend at my cousin's funeral I saw the guy who got me started turkey hunting and he said his son killed 3 opening morning, but he had only heard two birds gobble since then. I told him I had a place and I would take him, so I called him last night and told him to be at my house this morning around 5:30.

At gobbling light one bird gobbled 3 times and I knew where he was so we went in and set up on him. They hadnt gobbled since we set up and we had yelped 3-4 over 20 minutes. He kept saying "I think we bumped them" then two gobbled about 150 yards away. He cut to them then I answered him with a cut, they gobbled and then we shut up. They gobbled about 4-5 minutes later about 75 yards away, then about 2 minutes later they come around the hill, see the decoy and come on in to about 16-18 yards. He shot the strutter, then pumped in another one and shot the other bird as he was running off.

Both birds had really thick beards.

The strutter: 9 1/2" beard, 1 1/16" spurs, 19lb 13oz
The runner: 10" beard, 3/4" spurs, 18lb 9oz

Ill be headed back in the morning with him to try and fill both of our limits.

Attachments

• scotts turkeys (600 x 450).jpg
    scotts turkeys (600 x 450).jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 59
  • paintbrush (600 x 450).jpg
    paintbrush (600 x 450).jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 58

Quercus Alba

Nice. I love sharing a good hunt with others.

Dupree

Nice. I love sharing a good hunt with others.

Yeah instead of a memory for one, two people get to enjoy it.

Went this morning and only saw a few hens. Didnt hear any, but it is raining pretty good. Didnt come out until 11:30 and thats the latest I have hunted all year!

Dupree

Killed one this morning that will help a score out. I just got home and Im getting bite to eat. I have to find my good tape and wait for someone to come take some pics, but he should score at least 22.5. Pics and measurements coming soon!

Quercus Alba

Nice work bro. My season is over. I worked several more birds but could never seal the deal. So do we have the maximum amount of birds now? I'll be heading off to Pocosin Lake NWR this summer on May 11, and I'm not sure I'll have internet access there. I guess I have submitted all that needs submitting though.

Dupree

Well why dont you pm me you contact info so if we win something I can call you, and have any prizes mailed to your house. Still waiting on someone to help me take pics. I tried to take them by myself, but they arent very good. If the teams in 3rd and 4th place dont enter anything that will cull one of there lower birds, then we will pass them, and should be in 3rd instead of 5th.

Dupree

well its official

Well we have filled our turkey entries now. The score on my bird from this morning was 22.75 so that will put our final score 5.25 points higher than it would have been. We may actually win something. Quercus I got your Pm.

Attachments

• 5-3 turkey (600 x 450).jpg
    5-3 turkey (600 x 450).jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 44

Quercus Alba

Heck ya. Nice picture. Private Land?

Dupree

yeah, this is the 5th longbeard off of a 220 acre peice I have. Its for sale , so Im not worried about wiping them out, It will be a subdivision before too long!