Team Gobble Stoppers!!! AKA team 2

bilgerat

Senior
Good luck with the rolling of heads Saturday. I will be with my 8 year old daughter on her first turkey hunt.:biggrin3: She was drawn for the Rum Creek Adult/child hunt and boy is she stoked.

Good luck!! I hope she kills a monsta!!

bilgerat

Senior
Im packed and ready to head out as soon as I get finished up with a little work, Man Im ready!!!!:yeah::yeah:

hortonhunter22

had a great QUICK hunt this morning. Drove over to the WMA and couldnt get where i wanted....so i just drove on down and waited on daylight to come. with daylight i heard some birds several hundred yards off but figured someone was prolly working him so i just walked down the firebreak a couple hundred yards and set up my hen decoy. i pulled out my slate call and did three series of yelps a couple minutes apart. wasnt long i caught movement out of the corner of my eye and it was this turkey coming at me at full glide. he passed at prolly 5 yards and lit on the firebreak....he then proceeded to put on the show of strutting spitting and drumming that ended him....whew...im stoked:cool:

nhancedsvt

Banned
NICE! I heard probably 6 or 7 birds this morning and ended up getting busted by a couple hens. Going back at it this afternoon.

hortonhunter22

well what kinda help we having guys?...stuck at work today, although prolly not a bad thing with this rain, but the birds were gobblin out here. Yalls birds gobblin??...heading out again tomorrow

CharrDad

Way to kick things off hortonhunter22. I think you've got us all stoked.

nhancedsvt

Banned
I haven't been much help yet. Hunted all weekend and chased a couple birds but just couldn't connect. I'll be in Destin until Thursday but will be back at it on Friday. Good luck this week yall!

hortonhunter22

went this morning...NO GOBBLING...around 1130 headin out meet a group of 10 gobblers in he road...tried to circle to no avail watched the parade pass at about 70 yards

Spinkaleo

2 year old took a dirt nap this morning. :banana::banana:Have to get the pics posted later.

nhancedsvt

Banned
Congrats!

nhancedsvt

Banned
Headed back from Destin now. Will be back at camp in the morning for a long weekend in the turkey woods. Good luck to everyone.

hortonhunter22

knock them dead...went this morning and still not a gobble....had a hen yelping at about 100 yards...called some and wasnt long ol good bird was following some hens down a ridge that paralleled me at about 100....he was taught well that 1 in the bag better than 2 in the bush::ke:

Spinkaleo

Just posted both of my birds. The second bird was taken Wednesday at Piedmont. 21.5 pounds, 1 inch spurs and 9.5 beard. Good luck guys.

nhancedsvt

Banned
Thanks for getting us started guys! Congrats again on some great kills.

Looks like I'm done until Friday. The wind had me pretty much shut down this weekend. I hunted 2 different spots this weekend that are pretty much guaranteed gobbling hot spots, but due to the wind were completely silent the past 2 days. It's got me scratching my head for sure. Oh well, still plenty of season left. Good luck to anyone that gets out there this week! I'll be looking to cause some head trauma next weekend (I've just got to get some schoolwork done first).

hortonhunter22

well i blew it on gobbler number 2 yesterday morning...lessons learned:whip:...hey spinkaleo whats the story on the one with all the head trauma...you patterning that good or he just get a lil close? :cool:

Latest posts