Team Gobble Stoppers!!! AKA team 2

nhancedsvt

Banned
Man nice shot Spink! That dude never knew what hit him!

Spinkaleo

Set my deke too close to me in response to seeing him cross the gas line. He circled me and came in quiet from my right. He was 6 yards from me before I knew he was there. A 10 minute stand off with him strutting by my deke, he caught the full load of #5 at 4 yards. :shoot: Not to be to graphic but I watched his head explode into a bloody cloud.:cool:

nhancedsvt

Banned
Set my deke too close to me in response to seeing him cross the gas line. He circled me and came in quiet from my right. He was 6 yards from me before I knew he was there. A 10 minute stand off with him strutting by my deke, he caught the full load of #5 at 4 yards. :shoot: Not to be to graphic but I watched his head explode into a bloody cloud.:cool:

To most ordinary folks that would seem graphic, but to me it is AWESOME!:cool:

Anybody got any tied down for this week? Hopefully with this nice weather rolling in we'll have some birds hit the ground.

Also just to give everyone a heads up, we're at 15 points. The scores are posted in the team thread for anyone interested.

hortonhunter22

well goin tomorrow with a friend to his property...hes shooting first...we're hoping for a double:shoot:...spink thats awesome....ida probably missed and got him on the run at about 30:rofl:..good shooting bud...lets drop some more turkeys

bilgerat

Senior
Gotta love pink mist from an exploding head:cool:!!!
congrats again, Im going this friday afternoon and Sat. good luck yall

Spinkaleo

Been two days this week and only one gobble. Shot heard over his way shortly after gobble. No more gobbling!!

Spinkaleo

What a morning! After no birds all week long they made up for it this morning. Not able to close the deal but now I have them located. 14 or 15 different birds were hammering for the first 2 hours of the morning. :banana: 70 yards was as close as they would come. One group was 4 mature toms with 3 hens. They caught me closing in on them and decided it best to leave. Daylight is coming again soon and I will be close to them when they start the talking.:shoot: Good luck guys!!!!

nhancedsvt

Banned
Great Report Spink! I'm heading to the woods in the morning and hope it goes half as well as your morning did. Good luck guys!

Spinkaleo

I should have stayed home this morning.:cry: I bumped all three birds I set up on. One of those days that I could just not get it together. UGH!!!! I will step back and try again tomorrow. Good luck this weekend guys.

nhancedsvt

Banned
I had a great morning this morning! I'm still going for my first bird (this is my 5th year trying) but over the last week my hunting skills and opportunities have improved dramatically. I actually called in 4 jakes this morning and just before they walked into my shooting lane a hen called them off. It was by far the most fun I have ever had on any type of hunt!

Me and TurkeyManiac (Jason) are heading to the woods together in the morning so ya'll stay tuned!

Spinkaleo

My birds played quiet as a mouse this morning. The ones I did hear I believe were in SC. Oh well, I will be back at it Tuesday. Good luck guys.

nhancedsvt

Banned
Sorry guys. No luck again this weekend. We worked a real nice bird this morning but just couldn't seal the deal. I won't be hunting tomorrow due to Easter but I'm debating skipping class Monday and Tuesday so if I do I'm hoping to get on a couple then. Good luck to all of you!

nhancedsvt

Banned
Killed my first bird this morning guys! He was just a jake but he's a trophy to me. I'll post up the pics later.

bilgerat

Senior
Killed my first bird this morning guys! He was just a jake but he's a trophy to me. I'll post up the pics later.

WOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!! congrats man, now that monkey is off your back!! get out there and bust a monster!!

Spinkaleo

Congrats!!!! The first one is always special. Time to smack big boy now>

CharrDad

Sounds like everybody's starting to have some fun. I've had a slow start, family events and Easter weekend have kept me out of the woods. I have three separate hunts (two quota & one guided) planned for the next two weekends. I'm hoping I'll finally get an opportunity to bag my first bird.
Fingers officially crossed!
Keep it up guys.

nhancedsvt

Banned
Good luck to ya'll this weekend. I'll be headed back out in the morning and I'll hopefully get another match with the hard-headed swamp bird that outsmarted me yesterday morning.

Spinkaleo

Have a bird roosted for my daughter so no shooting for me in the morning. I will not be able to sleep tonight. Daylight is going to be incredible!!