Teenage T-Rex Christmas eats....

Dub

Well.....he's not a teenager anymore.

Little guy is a semester shy of graduation....but I believe he's gonna go ahead and get his masters.

He came home for some dinner last night and breakfast today. His momma and I sure were grateful to all be together.

It's been tradition in my family since I was a kid that we have shrimp creole for dinner on Christmas Eve. Mom always made a huge pot and she made a sausage, egg & cheese casserole with cheese grits for breakfast Christmas Morning. My grandmother would bring over country ham biscuits, too.

Well...don't cook near as often as I used to but got something fit to eat ready.

Creole simmering a good long while.

Slid a plate full of shrimp into the pot once everyone was almost ready to eat.

Son was killing off a second bowl and tickled me something fierce. He'd sopped up as much of the remainder with the croissant.....but then I look up and see him pouring what was left in his spoon. I told him there was hyooge pot for him to get all he wanted. :rofl:

Good to know it was fit to eat. :)

Breakfast today...cheese grits, s-e-c casserole and a quiche.

I have some more shrimp on layaway hidden away in the fridge with plans for shrimp'n'grits later. (y)

Merry Christmas everyone.

God bless you all.

Greg

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
58 years and it never occurred to me to pour the last drops from the bowl to the spoon.

I have always tipped the bowl and scraped with the spoon.

I have learned a new trick today.

Dr. Strangelove

Looks great! Even those cats want some!

Dub

He taught me a new trick with that one, too. :rofl:

I need to pay more attention......with his grades he could likely be teaching me a heap of useful stuff. Kid is smart like his mom. :)

Hornet22

ROMEO
Freakin awesome bubba; and not just the grub, you know what I mean. Hope all is well and ya'll have a great, healthy next year. MERRY CHRISTmas from daCafe'356.

:cheers:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Merry Christmas to y'all!!
Some fine looking grub right there!!

pop pop jones

He taught me a new trick with that one, too. :rofl:

I need to pay more attention......with his grades he could likely be teaching me a heap of useful stuff. Kid is smart like his mom. :)[/QUOTE

I'm guessing everyone is doing good in the house whole.

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fine looking eats Dub, and that boy is growing for sure! Merry Christmas and happy New Year to y'all!

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I'm guessing everyone is doing good in the house whole.

We are all hanging in there, sir. Still in the fight and landing solid punches. Chin up and faith is strong. (y)

Hope you are doing well.

Fine looking eats Dub, and that boy is growing for sure! Merry Christmas and happy New Year to y'all!

Thank you. Same to you, boss.

I don't drop in often enough....but every single time I see you've been rolling out some deliciousness. Always a welcome sight, too. :cheers:

GA1dad

Merry Christmas to you and yours Greg!!