Telecheck Results 2017 - Final Results Page 5

Gut_Pile

I kept a thread going last year on this and have posted my results from 4/12/16 as well.

So far we have had 23 days of hunting (youth season included) out of a 54 day season. As of 3:19 PM on 4/14/17 there have been 8554 turkeys checked in (371 per day). This would put us on pace, assuming no decline in the daily average, for 20,083 turkeys reported this year. Last year there were a total of 11,229 turkeys reported and DNR stated that they believed there was 50% participation by hunters in the state.

So if our pace holds, which it won't, the DNR's statement will be correct. But I will also make the point that we are basically right on track with the number from this time last year overall and off of the daily average. Most of your part timers have hung it up, and several people are already tagged out. Expect a major decline in reports over the next month. If we end up with 11,000-14,000 turkeys reported this year, what will the DNR say? That we're still at 50%, or that we have a population issue?

Here are the numbers from my report last year:

As of 12:00 on 4/12/16 there have been 7,125 turkeys (356 per day) checked in to the new telecheck system.

Today marks day 20 of a 53 day season (youth weekend included) and with the current harvest numbers, if everything was to stay constant, the expected minimum harvest should be roughly 18,881 turkeys killed in the 2016 season.

Last edited:

Gut_Pile

I will keep this thread updated throughout the remainder of the season

jmharris23

I don't know what they'll say....but I know we have a population issue.

OleRed15

We have a huge population decrease going on as we speak. And neither the State nor the DNR is gonna do anything about it anytime soon.

JMB

Guys, I really think we should not question the government or the news media...especially the weatherman.

Luke0927

is the app working for others on Android based phones everything I look at says no results

kevincox

Population is way down in my area. No sightings in fields that always seem to hold birds each year. Not much sign at all on few places I hunt

PappyHoel

We must be an oddity but I believe we have a higher than average number of birds where I hunt. As far as game check accuracy I have no idea.

Water Swat

i know a young guy that got ticketed for not reporting his. He told me his fine. It was OUTRAGEOUS. Can anyone tell us what the max fine is for this?

turkeykirk

Outrageous in what way. Too low, too high?

cowhornedspike

Will, I know it is hard for some of us to understand, but there are a huge number of folks in GA that are not ever going to report kills and those folks kill a lot of birds...trust me.

fullstrut

After 26 years chasing these birds . There is a decline period! I shot one opening day and I heard only two. Started on my club and had Poachers run the bird I was working. Ran them off and moved to public land and got on one at 12:30 and connected. But I will say it's getting really tuff in Jasper,Putnam and Morgan County compared to the late 80's early 90's. But hey I did put the safety off this morning but he slipped in behind me and I let him walk. There are birds there , but the flock is slimming down .