The Day The Music Died -Anyone Remember?

Redbow

Besides me? Today, 53 years ago Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and J.P. Richardson better know as the Big Bopper were all killed in a plane crash near Clear Lake Iowa..The pilot, Roger Peterson also died...Holly has often been referred to as the Father of Rock "n"Roll...There is a ten part video Biography of Holly produced by former Beatle's star Paul McCartney on youtube..McCartney was greatly influenced by Holly's music...Holly was 22, Valens was 17, and The Big Bopper was 28 years of age. The pilot was only 21 ..

Rest in peace guys, your music still lives on in some of us!

nkbigdog

Remember well I do!! Back when music had a story to tell. American Pie great song!!

specialk

i don't redbow, but still love their music! didn't another musician(waylon jennings?) miss the flight?? seems i remember a story along those lines......:huh:

Redbow

i don't redbow, but still love their music! didn't another musician(waylon jennings?) miss the flight?? seems i remember a story along those lines......:huh:

Waylon Jennings gave up his seat on the flight to The Big Bopper, J. P. Richardson because Richardson had the flu and didn't want to travel on the cold bus..Also there was a coin flip between Buddy's lead guitar player Tommy Allsup and Richie Valens and Valens won the toss so he went on the ill fated flight as well..Buddy told Jennings, well I hope your old Bus freezes up. Jennings told Buddy, well I hope your old plane crashes. This haunted Jennings for the rest of his life when he found out that Buddy had indeed died in the crash of that airplane..

Last edited:

John I. Shore

Remember it very well, even kept the LIFE magazine story and photos for years.

John I.

alphachief

Not often I get to say "that was before my time"...but this is one of them!

Crickett

Little Lady
Before my time as well but I do remember watching The Buddy Holly story a few times when it came on TV.