The Ex-Wife..............

Offshore

I am retired, working some contract work for the old company, walk into a fast-food restaurant, working behind the counter is the ex-wife, have not seen her in over 40 years, we see each other, we do not speak to each other, I order at the kiosk, get my food and pull a, "Run, Forrest, Run!!!!!!!!!"

I have no issues with the woman, no kids, just need distance but thinking you can never escape the EX. Good Grief............

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
How did you get a flipped coin to stand on its edge?
:bounce:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
That slow close door would have slammed shut from the vacuum caused by my speedy departure. No way I’m eating anything she had access to.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I'd have left before she had a chance to tell the guy in the back to spit on my food. But, grin'n all the way home knowing where she's working.
Well now, it all depends on the circumstances of the breakup. Not all breakups are nasty. But yeah, if it was a nasty breakup, Idda knocked the doors off getting out of there! :bounce:

DAVE

People's looks change so much in 40 years it is a good chance that you were projecting the image of your ex to the worker and it may not have been her at all. I think you should go back and say hello, while you can. I once went in a quick mart and the cashier was a girl friend from my past that I had not seen in about 15 years, she and I recognized each other but I was running late and she was very busy so even though I wanted to talk to her I didn't. Thinking I would go back another day, well before I could get back she was killed in a car accident, I have regretted often that I missed the opportunity to talk to her or just say hi.