The Forum is having it’s 22nd anniversary.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
For those who never got the chance to meet him in person, you missed out. Super nice guy. It was a great time going to his club in the off season to hunt hogs. I wish he could see what this place has accomplished.

From a couple hundred members to almost 113,000. Woody never dreamed it would catch on this big. This place has always been home to me. Kudos to Steve Burch and all the folks at GON for keeping Woody's dream alive for the rest of us. :rockon:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You boys got top pay gettin to hang out with me until I figured out how to break out.:rofl:

That's right. You were in on that bunch Nick was with too. We ought to punish you and bring you back and make you moderate the Duck Hunting forum. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Have enjoyed every minute since I've been here in 2009. Thanks

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
This website has been an absolute blessing to me as it helped me tremendously in coping with loosing my wife, my Mother, my Mother-in-law, me suffering a heart attack and then ultimately, several years later, loosing my Texas girlfriend at a much too young age due to breast cancer.

I would gladly pay $$$ for this privilege of enjoying the conversations between others here on GON as it has helped me to keep my sanity many times. I also am very thankful to all of you involved in keeping the format here that so many of you have made possible over these years as well.

Mr. Woody will always be a huge HERO in my opinion for sure.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Don’t through me in that Briar Patch.:hair::hair::hair::hair:

We made Marvin come back. What makes you think we can't do it to you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DannyW

Can anyone remember who hosted the forum before Woody took over? What was the forum's name? It was the wild west in that forum, what I remember the most was the war over sidelocks vs inline muzzleloaders.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Marvin ain’t near as stubborn as me, just ask Mrs; Hoss. That plus as I’ve gotten older, I’ve got a lot less tolerant. Heck, I’d make Nic look like a nice guy.

So has Marvin. He'd give you a run for your money but nobody is going to top Nick. :bounce:

Toliver

Can anyone remember who hosted the forum before Woody took over? What was the forum's name? It was the wild west in that forum, what I remember the most was the war over sidelocks vs inline muzzleloaders.
Even back then it seemed pretty tame to me. I think it was always intended to be pretty kid friendly. Jim Thompson actually set up a separate forum where it was no holds barred and absolutely nothing was censored. I don't recall that one lasting very long. Seemed like people kinda lost interest and stuck with this one.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

It was GON. You had to be a magazine subscriber. We had to use our subscriber name.