The Kids' Official "First Kill, First Buck, First Whatever" Sticky Thread!!!

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Never had them get on one that quick, maybe an hour

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Buddy's godsons first deer yesterday, kind of crazy able to hunt in shorts here...global warming :rofl:
IMG_20231029_175706.jpg

smackdown51

IMG_3308.jpeg Few weeks late but my little man got his first October 23 at 8 yards sitting on the ground against a log! Teaching him to sit still and watching it all come together up close and personal took be back to when it was me and my dad with our backs against an old blow down log. Just had to brag on him a little bit!

jtexaslonestar

IMG_7297.jpeg
Parker wanted to get in on the action this year. This is his first deer taken this morning on the mountain and he did everything right. I am very proud of him! He also spotted his first live raccoon while setting up on the shot, it was confusing at the moment why on earth he wanted to watch a raccoon with this caliber of buck 3 steps from its final ones. He explained how he had only seen flat ones(his words) and he wanted to watch it for a second. We both had a great laugh. Great job to everyone on this thread.

jtexaslonestar

IMG_7411.jpeg
Well, big brother came out this morning and harvested his first buck after little brother’s successful Thanksgiving in the post directly above. It’s been a truly blessed deer season for my two sons putting in the work and being rewarded for it. And it's easier to feed these two when they start to contribute!
Thanks be to God!

SC Hunter

@Railroader reminded me of this thread. We're batting .250 for the year, 3 clean misses due to buck fever before finally connecting. 6.5 creedmoor shooting 143 grain eldx suppressed makes a heck of a slap sound at around 100 yards. Short blood trail to find him in the road. Little spike and a super happy little 10 year old! I haven't shot a deer all year out of the stand because I've been trying to get him one, my season has been a success now.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 7
  • image000000(1).jpg
    image000000(1).jpg
    240 KB · Views: 7
  • image000002.jpg
    image000002.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 7

01Foreman400

Staff member
@Railroader reminded me of this thread. We're batting .250 for the year, 3 clean misses due to buck fever before finally connecting. 6.5 creedmoor shooting 143 grain eldx suppressed makes a heck of a slap sound at around 100 yards. Short blood trail to find him in the road. Little spike and a super happy little 10 year old! I haven't shot a deer all year out of the stand because I've been trying to get him one, my season has been a success now.
That is awesome! Congrats to the young man.

Glenn

My oldest son (14) killed his first deer on Saturday, January 13, 2024 at Joe Budd WMA here in Tallahassee.

I bought him a new CVA Wolf II muzzleloader for Christmas and we got it dialed in at the range as we seem to hunt more black powder hunts than rifle hunts here in Florida.

Joe Budd WMA is a place I hunt a lot as it is close by and I never have an issue getting a deer in January. My son William has been making the long one mile trek to hunt my honey hole for the past 4-5 years. He came close to getting a nice buck last year, but it just wasn't in the stars. He did bag his first turkey during the Spring Youth weekend.

Long story short we hunted Friday before the front came through and saw nothing but squirrels. Saturday was looking much better with the cold front passing through just before daybreak and I just had a feeling we would see something.

We were sitting in a double ladder stand on a steep hill that goes down to a big bottom. About 8:45 am I look back behind us and a doe with a spotted fawn fed by us eating mushrooms and other browse. The spotted fawn was fluffy and frisky, so we enjoyed watching them feed off out of sight.

Right at 9:00 am I catch movement straight across the bottom and could tell it was a buck right away. I caught a quick look in the binos and told my son he was legal and to get ready. I lost sight of him for a few tense seconds until he popped out at 80 yards with his head to the ground and moving quickly. Told my son I was going to stop him and to get the crosshairs on him.

I made a quick grunt and he slammed on the brakes and just stood there. My son's scope was fogged up due to his and my excitement, so I quickly rubbed my glove to clear it and cocked back his hammer. Two seconds later smoke filled the air and cleared for us to see a big white belly.

William had drilled the buck with a perfect heart shot at 80 yards and dropped the buck in his tracks. I'm still speechless on how well he did everything by the book.

Buck ended up being an 8 pt that field dressed at 115lbs and was aged to be 3-3.5 yrs old.

He is hooked!

WHIT2051-Edit-3.jpgGOPR0876-Enhanced-NR-Edit-4.jpg

My son killed his first deer at age 7 seven years ago with a cast on a broken wrist. He took a scope to the eye and wasn't sure if he wanted to cry or high five me.

He dropped the deer in its tracks at 60yds quartering towards us. He has since tallied up a impressive list and is hooked on hunting for life.
IMG_20210519_124509.jpg

My youngest daughter killed her first deer this past December up in Georgia at age 10.

She made a great shot at about 90 yds. Now she's hooked and wants a bigger buck than her brother. She has come a long way from not ever wanting to shoot a deer (especially a doe) to, "I was feeling my heartbeat in my toes when I got the deer in the scope and the safety clicked off! When can we go again?"

Yep, she might be hooked now too. IMG_1775.jpg