The Makings Of A Diamondback Display

Dirtroad Johnson

I keep hearing folks say they don't bother anybody. I wish someone had told the five footer that hit me in the calf in 1985 that. And no, I wasn't bothering him, never knew he was there till he hit me. I was turkey hunting in west Alabama.
Did he rattle before or after he struck you? Most of 'em I come across these days don't rattle; some do but a lot don't. Hate that you got bit.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I had a 5-ft cane brake that I had a taxidermist cure for me. It got stolen from the cabin at deer camp a few years back. Of all the things to steal, they stole that.

dtala

Is it safe to say, the snake did not go looking for you and it was just bad luck your worlds collided?
I was turkey hunting, crossing an open hardwood flat at a steady walk. Trying to get in front of a bird that would gobble and go the other way. I simply walked too close to him and he struck w/o warning, never rattled till after I broke his neck.

dtala

I made a similar display with a 6 ft north Fla Diamondback skin. I put green fly between the skin and the board, maybe 1 inch border scallop cut. Looked good.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m sticking this thread as I sure others will appreciate how to do this in the future.