The NRA

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Back at ya.

No, I understand perfectly. I just don't agree with you; and I think you believe you are more important than other people, and don't care a whit about anyone's rights except your own. It's your way or the highway.

BTW, I own property too. I can tell folks they can't bring their car onto my property, and should be able to. But I don't think I have the right to tell them what they can have inside their own car. If I had folks working for me, I would not try to dictate to them that they can't have the ability to defend themselves on their way to work or on their way home, just because I want to be a dictator of their workplace parking lot.

No, I understand perfectly. I just don't agree with you; and I think you believe you are more important than other people, and don't care a whit about anyone's rights except your own. It's your way or the highway.

BTW, I own property too. I can tell folks they can't bring their car onto my property, and should be able to. But I don't think I have the right to tell them what they can have inside their own car. If I had folks working for me, I would not try to dictate to them that they can't have the ability to defend themselves on their way to work or on their way home, just because I want to be a dictator of their workplace parking lot.

You get to make that choice as I do.

transfixer

I briefly worked for a shop owner who came across like a dictator, he sat in his office all day long watching his security camera feed , which had multiple cameras covering all areas of the shop, he would time how long employees stayed in the restroom, even monitored how long a roll of toilet paper lasted in the restroom , he actually knew the sheet count of each roll, and how many times an employee went to the bathroom, told us we were using too much toilet paper, said we didn't need more than 2 squares,, lol. If you were three minutes late coming back from lunch , you would get docked three minutes pay. Basically tried to treat employees like slaves instead of people.

Bottom line, good employees wouldn't work for him very long at all, they would quit in short time, as I did, he ultimately sold the company because no one worth a flip would work for him. The man had ISSUES ! Napolean syndrome or something,,, when he passes on I am pretty sure there won't be a crowd at his funeral.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
and that right there is what it boils down to.

Yep. For years, I couldn't have a gun in my vehicle even though I had a CCP, because it would have been a felony at my workplace. I have an 80-mile round-trip commute to work and back, most of which occurs in darkness. Basically, anywhere I went on my way to and from work, I was kept from the means of defending myself, unless I wanted to risk having a gun in my vehicle at work. If one had been found, I would have been in jail, lost my carry permit, and my job. The NC government finally changed the law to allow guns in locked vehicles at my workplace. It has been much better for the last few years.

I briefly worked for a shop owner who came across like a dictator, he sat in his office all day long watching his security camera feed , which had multiple cameras covering all areas of the shop, he would time how long employees stayed in the restroom, even monitored how long a roll of toilet paper lasted in the restroom , he actually knew the sheet count of each roll, and how many times an employee went to the bathroom, told us we were using too much toilet paper, said we didn't need more than 2 squares,, lol. If you were three minutes late coming back from lunch , you would get docked three minutes pay. Basically tried to treat employees like slaves instead of people.

Bottom line, good employees wouldn't work for him very long at all, they would quit in short time, as I did, he ultimately sold the company because no one worth a flip would work for him. The man had ISSUES ! Napolean syndrome or something,,, when he passes on I am pretty sure there won't be a crowd at his funeral.

The free market worked without any government intervention.

Yep. For years, I couldn't have a gun in my vehicle even though I had a CCP, because it would have been a felony at my workplace. I have an 80-mile round-trip commute to work and back, most of which occurs in darkness. Basically, anywhere I went on my way to and from work, I was kept from the means of defending myself, unless I wanted to risk having a gun in my vehicle at work. If one had been found, I would have been in jail, lost my carry permit, and my job. The NC government finally changed the law to allow guns in locked vehicles at my workplace. It has been much better for the last few years.

Glad nothing ever happened to you. Too bad the government took away your employer's rights.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Glad nothing ever happened to you. Too bad the government took away your employer's rights.

Their own? :) You have it bad. I'm glad I don't work for you.

bullgator

Just out of curiosity steeleagle, why don't you want your employees to have firearms in their personal vehicles?

GoldDot40

Just out of curiosity steeleagle, why don't you want your employees to have firearms in their personal vehicles?

If I had to base it on this thread alone...I'd say it's a power trip issue. If anybody EVER decided to go into my vehicle looking for a firearm...they better hope they find it and are willing to use it. On your property or not.

bullgator

As I've said from the very beginning, I don't like the government taking way my rights. I don't have a choice.

So you take out your gripe with the government on your employees? Otherwise, no real reason?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
As I've said from the very beginning, I don't like the government taking way my rights. I don't have a choice.

You are very confused as to what your rights are, and where they intersect with the rights of other people, whose rights are just as important as your own. You are having no rights at all taken away from you. You are just being prevented from forcibly taking away the rights of other people. You gripe for pages about a law that forbids you to do as you wish with other peoples' property that is parked on your property because they are employed by you. Does it bother you that there are also laws that prevent you from raping, killing, robbing, imprisoning, or doing other things to your employees who are on your property working? I suppose so, because those laws are there for the same reason as the one that keeps you from searching their vehicles, and are preventing you from having the right to do those things to others. By your logic, when I walk onto your property to go to work, you should be able to yank my wallet out of my pocket and take my money out of it. It doesn't work that way. Most people realize that, and have no problem with it.

You are very confused as to what your rights are, and where they intersect with the rights of other people, whose rights are just as important as your own. You are having no rights at all taken away from you. You are just being prevented from forcibly taking away the rights of other people. You gripe for pages about a law that forbids you to do as you wish with other peoples' property that is parked on your property because they are employed by you. Does it bother you that there are also laws that prevent you from raping, killing, robbing, imprisoning, or doing other things to your employees who are on your property working? I suppose so, because those laws are there for the same reason as the one that keeps you from searching their vehicles, and are preventing you from having the right to do those things to others. By your logic, when I walk onto your property to go to work, you should be able to yank my wallet out of my pocket and take my money out of it. It doesn't work that way. Most people realize that, and have no problem with it.

For whatever reason, people on this board talk about freedom but really don't want it. You certainly have the right not to be robbed, murdered, etc. (Criminal acts) while on someone else's property. You DO NOT have the right to privacy, free speech, search and seizure while on someone else's property........UNTIL the NRA got involved to take away private property rights. Again, why should anyone tell me what legal activities I should or should not allow on my property?

wareagle700

I assume you would be fine with others searching your vehicle, telling you what you can and cannot say, and frisking you for firearms any time you are on someone else's property? Sounds real free.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
For whatever reason, people on this board talk about freedom but really don't want it. You certainly have the right not to be robbed, murdered, etc. (Criminal acts) while on someone else's property. You DO NOT have the right to privacy, free speech, search and seizure while on someone else's property........UNTIL the NRA got involved to take away private property rights. Again, why should anyone tell me what legal activities I should or should not allow on my property?

Wrong. You have never had the right to mess with, search, steal, seize, or do as you wish with someone else's property on your property. That is also a criminal act. The NRA had nothing to do with that. Where do you get that you ever had the right to seize someone else's property? It never existed.

You seem to be the one who has a MAJOR problem with freedom, not us. And you apparently also have a problem with the Constitution and other folks having the same rights that you do. Your world sounds like that of Soviet Russia. Or Animal Farm-all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

transfixer

If someone comes on my property and has an illegal fully automatic weapon inside their car, it doesn't infringe on my rights at all ! As long as the weapon stays inside "their" car, especially if their car is locked. It causes me no harm, no grief whatsoever, I don't care what they have in their car, its none of my business.

If it comes out of their vehicle, that is a different matter, just like if they are using language on my property I don't want to hear, I can tell them to leave, or if I simply don't want them on my property I can tell them to leave, or not to park their car on my property.

Someone storing a weapon in their car , while parked on your property, doesn't constitute an " activity " , and I'm pretty sure no normal person would tolerate you attempting to search their vehicle without their permission, you can tell them to leave, and they will comply, but I don't know of anyone who would allow you to search their vehicle without their permission,

Good luck with that

If someone comes on my property and has an illegal fully automatic weapon inside their car, it doesn't infringe on my rights at all ! As long as the weapon stays inside "their" car, especially if their car is locked. It causes me no harm, no grief whatsoever, I don't care what they have in their car, its none of my business.

If it comes out of their vehicle, that is a different matter, just like if they are using language on my property I don't want to hear, I can tell them to leave, or if I simply don't want them on my property I can tell them to leave, or not to park their car on my property.

Someone storing a weapon in their car , while parked on your property, doesn't constitute an " activity " , and I'm pretty sure no normal person would tolerate you attempting to search their vehicle without their permission, you can tell them to leave, and they will comply, but I don't know of anyone who would allow you to search their vehicle without their permission,

Good luck with that

Thanks for proving my point here. You are free to make the choice if you want to allow automatic weapons.....It's your property, you make the rules. Why shouldn't I be allowed to make the same choice? Further, if people don't like the way I operate my business; they can go work elsewhere. Isn't this the free market in action? Why do we need government intervention when there is a free market solution at hand?

Wrong. You have never had the right to mess with, search, steal, seize, or do as you wish with someone else's property on your property. That is also a criminal act. The NRA had nothing to do with that. Where do you get that you ever had the right to seize someone else's property? It never existed.

You seem to be the one who has a MAJOR problem with freedom, not us. And you apparently also have a problem with the Constitution and other folks having the same rights that you do. Your world sounds like that of Soviet Russia. Or Animal Farm-all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

You are correct. I mistyped when I said 'seize'. Search, I can do that if I choose...... should you not allw me, you then have to leave or I will have you arrested for criminal trespass. The Fourth Amendment only protects against searches and seizures conducted by the government or pursuant to governmental direction. Surveillance and investigatory actions taken by strictly private persons, such as private investigators, suspicious spouses, or nosey neighbors, are not governed by the Fourth Amendment. Read more here: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...t-applies.html

Further reading: In its 1920 decision in Burdeau vs. McDowell, the U.S. Supreme Court held that the fourth amendment is not applicable to searches by private parties.