The Official 2017-2018 Woody's / G O N Bow Hunting Challenge "SMACK TALK " Thread.

100hunter

I'd give anything to have some of these P&Y suburban spots. I'd kill TWO P&Y's every year. :D

Maybe you would, but some guys couldn't kill one if they hunted in a high fence. A private horse farm, and some of those 1000 acres plantations aren't bad places to get one. Not to mentions the advantage of a ton of corn a year.:stir:

Kris87

How big is that one in the very back? Is he still hanging around?

100hunter

Want to kill a big one, here's what not to do: Put on after shave/deodorant/or anything of that nature, spend more time polluting your area checking cameras then hunting it, hang your stand 12' off the ground because you're afraid of heights, wear hunting clothes washed in downey, sit inside waffle house for an hour prior to your hunt and come out smelling like bacon, fill up at chevron and walk through the woods leaving a trail of petroleum products, drive your truck within twenty yard of your stand and think a big buck is going to stick around, walk to your stand after daybreak because you're afraid of the dark, pretend you're a drummer in a rock band when you should be sitting still, hang your stand on a tree that stands out like a telephone pole, come down an hr early because you cant find your way out in the dark, and last but not least start shooting your bow the day before your hunt. If you are guilty of any of these things then you probably have not and will not kill a big buck no matter where you hunt. No offense intended.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Want to kill a big one, here's what not to do: Put on after shave/deodorant/or anything of that nature, spend more time polluting your area checking cameras then hunting it, hang your stand 12' off the ground because you're afraid of heights, wear hunting clothes washed in downey, sit inside waffle house for an hour prior to your hunt and come out smelling like bacon, fill up at chevron and walk through the woods leaving a trail of petroleum products, drive your truck within twenty yard of your stand and think a big buck is going to stick around, walk to your stand after daybreak because you're afraid of the dark, pretend you're a drummer in a rock band when you should be sitting still, hang your stand on a tree that stands out like a telephone pole, come down an hr early because you cant find your way out in the dark, and last but not least start shooting your bow the day before your hunt. If you are guilty of any of these things then you probably have not and will not kill a big buck no matter where you hunt. No offense intended.

Why did u have to bring me into this. :huh:

deast1988

Wind check wind always constantly if it's wrong go somewhere else!

100hunter

Willie, you forgot one...stop shooting the first deer that walks out.

Oh yeah forgot that one. Also no smoking while on stand or on the way to the stand and no urinating or defecating close to your stand area. And if you can't track a deer beyond 50 yards you probably wont put your hands on that big one.:fine:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Oh yeah forgot that one. Also no smoking while on stand or on the way to the stand and no urinating or defecating close to your stand area. And if you can't track a deer beyond 50 yards you probably wont put your hands on that big one.:fine:

Is drinking a few buddy lites ok ? It's not on the list.

BowanaLee

Just wanted to set the Bar. You still own the title of Dink Killer. I've killed three P&Y in the last four years, Chris, five P&Y and Jay, four P&Y. You,only 1 in eight years. LOL. For the record, I never thought it was fair to stack a team but Jay and Chris are two of my closest friends. Maybe next year we'll have another rule change.:cheers:
Your taking the easy way out. I have about 35 video kills in those 8 years. Thats probably 20 more than all 3 of y'all put together in your life. And, by a wore out old man. :rofl:
You call that a stacked team. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Get ready to roll out the red carpet for the Challenge Kings ! :stir:

100hunter

Your taking the easy way out. I have about 35 video kills in those 8 years. Thats probably 20 more than all 3 of y'all put together in your life. And, by a wore out old man. :rofl:
You call that a stacked team. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Get ready to roll out the red carpet for the Challenge Kings ! :stir:

You said that two weeks ago. It's anybody's contest. Far from over. Last time we pushed you off your throne this time we gone kick you off. :eek:

100hunter

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I nominate Mr. Willy he is the most fair and honest man I know in the bow challenge. Besides Mr Billy.

100hunter

I nominate Mr. Willy he is the most fair and honest man I know in the bow challenge. Besides Mr Billy.

You aint seen me at poker.:cool: Besides Billy's the best man for the job. Next years suggestion. No two prior champions can be on the same team and any team member can enter deer for his teammates. How does that sound?

deast1988

You aint seen me at poker.:cool: Besides Billy's the best man for the job. Next years suggestion. No two prior champions can be on the same team and any team member can enter deer for his teammates. How does that sound?

The 5 deer rule, worked in sounds good to me. That rule, separated the killers from the casual players.

Would be cool to see wild card entry's to allow some one on same team to post a kill that could count towards a team mate. 1 buck 1 doe for a team would make it interesting.

A few teams that have a hunter struggle could still be in it
The running if they could help the team comtribute to over all score.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
The 5 deer rule, worked in sounds good to me. That rule, separated the killers from the casual players.

Would be cool to see wild card entry's to allow some one on same team to post a kill that could count towards a team mate. 1 buck 1 doe for a team would make it interesting.

A few teams that have a hunter struggle could still be in it
The running if they could help the team comtribute to over all score.
5 deer rule got changed for management reasons. To show conservation. Some are concerned about the over all deer kills in Ga. A numbers killing contest was not in good taste at the time.
I also tried to explain this with out going into more details.
So the 1 buck 2 does came to play and such is the rule now. This contest has guidelines to be able to be conducted on this board. The end.