The rise and fall of a 10 pointer

bukhuntr

Great Buck, I imagine you spent alot of time looking at those trailcam pics hoping for the eventual meeting.

How do you like the Nitrum 34. I currently shoot a Spyder30 and am thinking of making a switch.

BowChilling

Man he blew up from last year! Congrats again on that buck and great pictures!

DSGB

BowanaLee

Hes a goodun fer sure. :cheers:Your lucky though, mine act like they're allergic to salt after they shed velvet. :bounce:

goob

Good Job! All the bucks I try to pattern seem to disappear.

Brewskis

I thought that was your Nitrum on AT a little while back. Bet you're glad you decided to keep it!

Great buck, congrats!

BlackEagle

Banned
I thought that was your Nitrum on AT a little while back. Bet you're glad you decided to keep it!

Great buck, congrats!

Thanks!

I didn't like it at first, but now the more I shoot it the more I love it! I switch between it and my Element about every other hunt.

BlackEagle

Banned
:rofl::rofl::rofl: :whip::whip:

Ryan that's a great buck. Even better picture story. Got to love it when a plan comes together. :flag:

What's funny is I set up a long ways away from this deer in the beginning hoping he would linger out of his comfort zone. I gave it about a month and never would come out of his little santuary. I tried to check this camera only when I had to, as to not disturb the area too much. After figuring out that he wasn't gonna move out of his cover Kris and I had a gameplan....and that was to go into his bedroom and kill him. Kris gets 10% of the credit for his motivation. :bounce: The whole thing was carefully planned. I set up the stand last Tuesday at 2:30pm then shot him 4 hours later. He originally came in down wind of me and as I was videoing him, he caught my scent and turned around and headed the other way. 30 minutes later I look to my right and he had somehow circled all the way around me. He was absolutely wearing out some water oak acorns when I shot him.

Latest posts