The venerable tube steak

A couple of grands are here for dinner. One likes hot dogs, the other likes beans. So, my mission tonight is to make hot dogs and beans. We had a ham last night, so what better to enhance some Bush's beans, than chopped ham!?

So, I hacked up some leftover ham, added maybe 3 tbsp of brown sugar to brown the ham in, then added the Bush's.

Hope y'all are tearing it up tonight!

0717191645-1.jpg

0717191649.jpg

0717191702a-1.jpg

Swamprat

Swamprat
A trick for beenies and weenies....slice the dogs up and put in a fry pan in butter till just browned. Toss them in the beans in a pyrex or casserole dish, sprinkle a little brown sugar on top and throw in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes uncovered.
Good stuff.

Swamprat

Swamprat
When we make it the dish is nicknamed "The Blower" for obvious reasons.:sick:

jollymon

Hot Dogs are a favorite of mine, I like natural case dogs on the grill for the snap when you bite into them , Skinless I favor boil in beer , I was treated to a really good dog on my last trip to NC , We did a dirty water boil with Bright Leaf dog's , they were the great, Dirty Water was beer , old bay , red pepper flakes and celery salt . Standard topping, onion ,dill relish , Gouldens musterd , chilli and cheese and slaw.

Last edited:

Dub

Yeah, man......that's some good looking eats.

Great way to kick those beans up a notch or three. We love Bush's here, too.

Hot dog night is always a favorite around my house.

Latest posts