Think you had a bad season?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Mine was EPIC! I certainly wouldn’t complain about my season, but if you think you had a bad season, let me share mine.
First off, no piggies during small game.......not one chance.
Second, I had my red dot on the wheel house of a shooter buck, but several factors lead to an epic fail, including a dirty lower and stuck trigger.........should have killed my first Deer. I did look up to make sure of my target though, he just moved when I did. No other real chances....
Third, I saw turkeys prolly 17 or 18 out of 20 times I went. I shot at one long beard at 40 ish yards but nothing to show for it, but a few feathers. Making this fail EPIC was that My position was bad. I didn’t see the huge gobbler that was maybe 10-15 yards away, until all the mayhem broke out! NEVER heard one gobble this year.....
Fourth, I get to my field for the hog/yote hunt and I realize I don’t have my orange vest. Decided to take a quick peek at the field and head back to the house. I was pretty mad and threw my clothes and stuff in the trunk, including my key. As soon as I shut the trunk, I knew I did the unthinkable. Yes, I was in the woods and locked my key in the truck! EPIC FAIL! Couple hours later, Robert the locksmith came and got it opened.
Went the following week and had a long beard and a few other birds about 40 yards to my right for a good half hour before I headed to the truck. I was walking toward them so they scampered off. I scanned the field again and sure enough, a coyote walks out and up the edge of the field. He came right where I wanted him to when I was sitting......but I was way too far away at this point and I had my chair in one hand.
Wrapping up this season, I went This am for a short sit...... I called in a long beard to about 30 yards that gave me plenty of time to shoot him as he was looking for me. Of course he did, turkey season is way over........I will get him next year!
I saw game, had my chances and thoroughly enjoyed the times I was in the woods.........I made some changes, plan to try some New things and I learned a bunch too. But boy was it an EPIC FAIL after epic fail......I harvested nothing this past year either. I don’t remember when that happened.

I pray I have as much fun next year as I did this one!!

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good attitude - I try and always remember the real reason I hunt. Killing something is just a bonus.

Rick Alexander

Want to hear epic fail - did not get in the woods not one time last season. First time since I was probably about 6 or 7 years old (I'm 60). Now that's epic fail.

I've just been too busy trying to move residences and remodel - repair both houses. Next year I've got some catching up to do.

So you were way more successful than you know.

j_seph

Mine was EPIC! I certainly wouldn’t complain about my season, but if you think you had a bad season, let me share mine.
First off, no piggies during small game.......not one chance.
Second, I had my red dot on the wheel house of a shooter buck, but several factors lead to an epic fail, including a dirty lower and stuck trigger.........should have killed my first Deer. I did look up to make sure of my target though, he just moved when I did. No other real chances....
Third, I saw turkeys prolly 17 or 18 out of 20 times I went. I shot at one long beard at 40 ish yards but nothing to show for it, but a few feathers. Making this fail EPIC was that My position was bad. I didn’t see the huge gobbler that was maybe 10-15 yards away, until all the mayhem broke out! NEVER heard one gobble this year.....
Fourth, I get to my field for the hog/yote hunt and I realize I don’t have my orange vest. Decided to take a quick peek at the field and head back to the house. I was pretty mad and threw my clothes and stuff in the trunk, including my key. As soon as I shut the trunk, I knew I did the unthinkable. Yes, I was in the woods and locked my key in the truck! EPIC FAIL! Couple hours later, Robert the locksmith came and got it opened.
Went the following week and had a long beard and a few other birds about 40 yards to my right for a good half hour before I headed to the truck. I was walking toward them so they scampered off. I scanned the field again and sure enough, a coyote walks out and up the edge of the field. He came right where I wanted him to when I was sitting......but I was way too far away at this point and I had my chair in one hand.
Wrapping up this season, I went This am for a short sit...... I called in a long beard to about 30 yards that gave me plenty of time to shoot him as he was looking for me. Of course he did, turkey season is way over........I will get him next year!
I saw game, had my chances and thoroughly enjoyed the times I was in the woods.........I made some changes, plan to try some New things and I learned a bunch too. But boy was it an EPIC FAIL after epic fail......I harvested nothing this past year either. I don’t remember when that happened.

I pray I have as much fun next year as I did this one!!
DEE is this you? No wait DEE killed bucks and does hogs and turkeys this year ROFL

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I went to my local Wma this morning to try my luck at a coyote with the fox-pro , after the 2nd set up and a missed or hopefully gut shot coyote it popped in my head that I didn’t have orange on

Look at the bright side. You didn't have to drag anything and your knife is sharp for next season! When it stopped being about the killing I really started to enjoy my time in the woods. I watch the bass boats zoom by most weekends at the river while me and the dog are napping in the willows with cane poles out and wonder if I'm doing it wrong. When I catch or shoot something it has pretty much left me no choice.

Turpentine

Your not just a lucky hunter (hat tipped) When next season or the ones that follow come. Use what you have learned and there will be a greater satifation. Sounds like a good season to me and one that lead to a epic camp side story. Thank you for sharing.

Mark K

Banned
Hey, all I ever ask for is to get to play the game. Sounds like you got to play way more than most. Kills will come. Yeah, it’s nice when you make a kill, but then it’s over. To keep playing the game is what it’s all about! Sounds like an epic successful season too me.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I absolutely had a blast and the fact I am still in one piece is a blessing. I have always preached to my kids that the opportunity for success cannot exist without the opportunity for failure. Failure is what makes success so great!

Anytime I get to sit in the woods even for a short bit, it’s been a great day of soul filling blessings from the one who created it all.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did! Now I am gonna try to figure out those Dead Sea crappie........I have only caught them on accident ?

Latest posts