This could be the year

wingding

Watching the weather man yesterday and the long range reports say that were going to have a colder and wetter winter than usual. I know that he's been wrong before but I hope he's told the truth this time. This could be the best season in years::; Have yall been hearing the same thing?

paulito

Yes i have heard the same thing and would love to see it. Of course you have to take it all with a grain of salt. These are the same guys that were telling us that it could take upwards of 10 years for Lanier to get back to full pool after the drought. I would love to get paid to be wrong most of the time. Ha!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
It is not all about us having cold weather. It is the upper part of the country that has to freeze up. That is what will push birds.

wingding

Surely if it's going to be colder in the south it will be colder up north. Cant wait for the freeze to come this way!

LOVEMYLABXS

So far this is the mildest winter we've had up here in several years (yea I know I'm way west of ya so it shouldn't be a factor down your way) and were still not seeing a lot of migrating birds yet. The reports from the west side of the state are coming in with some seeing lots of mallards and good numbers of snow geese moving around just hope it hits here soon. By this time last year ponds were freezin up solid.