Three more cuties

godogs57

One of our distinguished posters here requested two Flint River Hunters a while back, hoping to get some spalted maple handles. I showed him a few pics and he locked in on a nasty piece of stabilized beauty. I used blue liners on the handles to set off the spalted wood and it just popped. 2910A570-CE76-47F9-BDE7-B963DF0D0C0D.jpeg

My neighbor up the way cut down a walnut and I snagged a slab that had some insane feather crotch figure. I mean the Good Lord was showing off on this chunk. It dried down inside the house for close to a year. The dry heat from this winter finished it on off and I cut it up, sending it off for stabilization. This Kinchafoonee Hunter was the first knife made using this walnut. I was astonished at how well it turned out. It’s just hard to comprehend how pretty walnut can get sometimes. All blades made with CPM154 stainless finished up at 62.0 Rockwell hardness. Thanks so much for looking!

45EEBEF3-51A3-4047-BAFA-550104F63395.jpeg

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic!

Redbow

Awesome work that walnut handle knife is my favorite.

tjchurch

Beautiful as always sir.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
One of our distinguished posters here requested two Flint River Hunters a while back, hoping to get some spalted maple handles. I showed him a few pics and he locked in on a nasty piece of stabilized beauty. I used blue liners on the handles to set off the spalted wood and it just popped. View attachment 1219787

My neighbor up the way cut down a walnut and I snagged a slab that had some insane feather crotch figure. I mean the Good Lord was showing off on this chunk. It dried down inside the house for close to a year. The dry heat from this winter finished it on off and I cut it up, sending it off for stabilization. This Kinchafoonee Hunter was the first knife made using this walnut. I was astonished at how well it turned out. It’s just hard to comprehend how pretty walnut can get sometimes. All blades made with CPM154 stainless finished up at 62.0 Rockwell hardness. Thanks so much for looking!

View attachment 1219788
That Kinchafoonee knife is nice. Really like that style knife and the walnut is really beautiful