Today at the ‘Hatch

pottydoc

Had a decent day to start with, some nice trout, some Spanish, and a couple of bsb’s. Then a buddy called and told me to come over where he was, they were slamming the red fish. We head over to them, and located a new rock that moved into an area where there’s never been on before. Trashed a stainless prop, the skeg and bent the prop shaft. Screwed up what should have been 3 nice days of fishing. I know it’s the cost of doing business in shallow water, but that don’t make me any happier. :)

Big7

The Oracle
Yeah.. That's bad. I spun one about 15 years ago at Oconee Redlands..
That broke me from gas motoring in the shallow water.??

pottydoc

South of the river?
Yes. About 1/2 mile north of Pepperfish. I been in there probably 100 times, just ran in a little too far before getting off plane. The worst part was my buddy that was in the same place crushed the reds in there. His boat runs a lot shallower than the bay boat we were in.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Yes. About 1/2 mile north of Pepperfish. I been in there probably 100 times, just ran in a little too far before getting off plane. The worst part was my buddy that was in the same place crushed the reds in there. His boat runs a lot shallower than the bay boat we were in.
There are a lot of rocks in that area. Some are real tall, but some are flat & lay on the bottom. Those will get you.

pottydoc

Yeah, the flat one Ed what got us. I been in there a bunch, should have slowed down sooner, but thought I was ok. Looks like insurance is gonna cover everything, so that was good news. I think I’m gonna go back to a tunnel Hull tin boat. I would have been fine in the G3 I used to have.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Sounds like you got a Rocky Creek Reject.
Know the area well.

pottydoc

No, we got in on our own. Just had to keep the rpms down to 3200. it actually hardly even vibrated. Mechanics coming today, insurance covering the damage.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I hooked the ears to mine & busted it off a while ago. Cranked right up! Need to clean it up & get to fishing before the water gets too hot.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I hooked the ears to mine & busted it off a while ago. Cranked right up! Need to clean it up & get to fishing before the water gets too hot.

Don't you have that big, pretty Dixie County boat to fish out of?

I think you call it being on patrol.
::ke:

pottydoc

That's a good way to save your trip, who do you have insurance through?
Progressive, actually. Been very pleased with them, I had three different claims with them on an offshore boat when I lived in SE Florida. Twice fiberglass damage from getting beat against the dock in store, the other a theft claim when someone decided they needed my electronics more than I did. Paid quickly, and painlessly.