Top Counties in GA for BIG BUCKS

ted 88

Not necessarily in this order, but I'd say : Harris, meriweather, Macon, Jasper, and Fulton.

SWAMPBUCK1987

Washington county has some good deer for sure. You just never see them on the internet , but then again I moved to Harris County this year and I aint disappointed.

Bo D

Glad mine isnt mentioned, humble folks around here can careless about getting deer in books...

crazybuck123

worth,turner,macon,dooly,sumter turner county produces monter after monster every year ive seen most of em none of get reported

CharrDad

Great thread. Perfect timing for those of us are searching for a new or first club. I did some quick math and have determined the top counties based on the total number of mentions above. These numbers will change of course as folks keep adding to the list. But as of right now ...Here is how it shook out:

(1) Macon = 15 mentions
(2) Fulton = 14 mentions
(3) Harris = 12 mentions
(4) Lee = 11 mentions
(5) Worth = 10 mentions
(6) Dooly = 7 mentions
(7) Brooks = 6 mentions
(8) Meriwether, Colquitt, Jasper = 5 mentions

shakey gizzard

Y'all keep saying Fulton...but I've lived here my whole life and can't even think of anywhere legal to deer hunt with a rifle around Johns Creek :huh: Sounds like I need to quit driving to Burke County and just stay here in Fulton!

John's creek was named after John Schneider( Bo Duke of the Dukes of hazzard) It used to be his private hunting land. Why do you think they named the big subdivision "Deer Lake"?;)

Rockdale Buck

GON Says:
1.Macon
2.Worth
3.Lee
4.Morgan
5.Fulton

My Opinion:
1.Worth
2.Fulton
3.Harris
4.Morgan
5.Lee

southernboy2147

I made the maps below a couple of years ago based on the Ga Deer Registry of B&C Deer and Deer over 160.

By historical # of recorded deer up to two yrs ago this would be the order of the Top 5.

1 Macon
2 Worth
3 Dooly
4 Colquitt
5 Lee & Jones

Based on the most recent 10 yrs I would say.

1 Worth
2 Colquitt
3 Lee
4 Brooks
5 Harris

I was wondering where jasper was at... but jones? ive lived and hunted in jones my whole life.. almost ever year we have 1 or 2 170-180 killed but nothing huge. I dont think it deserves to be in the top 10 of georgia

Ace1313

Early county has some nice deer also.have hunted there for years

Early has really been coming on strong. Our group of guys killed 4 deer that where 140 or better. Not to mention the rest of the gaggers killed in the coop.

Zak26

Ya early is definitely comming on strong. Now if i could get the guys on the leases around me to stop killing the little bucks it would be great

redwards

This thread got me to really thinking. For the last 25 or so years most of my hunting has been in Oglethorpe County. Oglethorpe is not listed in any of the posts as a top 5.

Not that it makes any difference in anything, but...
I went digging...searched for as many 'Truck-Buck' official scoring results as I could find. Found results for 2006-07, 2007-08, 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12 season.

If anybody has access to the official scored results for the 2008-09 season and would be willing to share, I sure would appreciate it.

Copied all that data into a spreadsheet, made some assumptions...
1. Data universe...all recorded Truck-Buck entry B&C scores for the above mentioned seasons.
2. 'BIG BUCKS'...definition...top 20% of all official B&C recorded scores. That worked out to be an official B&C score of 138 7/8" minimum.
3.'TOP COUNTIES'...definition...top 5% (counties with highest combined total qualifing (> 137 7/8") B&C score) of all counties that had at least 1 Truck-Buck entry during the 5 seasons. All counties with at least 1 entry during the 5 seasons totaled to 88 counties.

From that...this was the result...
#1 - Macon County
#2 - Laurens County
#3 - Tie - Coweta County
- Fulton County
#5 - Tie - Crawford County
- Dooly County
- Hancock County

Chart information (top chart) below...
and, Nope...Oglethorpe did not make it into my 'BIG BUCK' counties:cry:

The bottom chart lists only the counties which have been mentioned in posts before this post of mine.

Attachments

• Top 20% all counties.jpg
    Top 20% all counties.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 501
  • Top 20% from thread.jpg
    Top 20% from thread.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 547
hm, not quite sure about top 5, but i got this big guy in Meriwether this past season.. Nov. 11 or 12, 2011... net scored 158 7/8, bout a 20" spread. No. 9 in all meriwether history, there were a couple nice ones that came from Meriwether and the surrounding areas this season though...

Attachments

• DEER...jpg
    DEER...jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 515
  • deerrack.jpg
    deerrack.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 491