Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia State Shoot Pot Luck Supper

dutchman

The TBG Dan Quillian Memorial State Shoot will be held on March 14-15, 2015 at The Rock Ranch located at The Rock, GA. We'd like to have another Pot Luck Supper on Saturday evening, March 14. We will start at 7:00 p.m. This thread will serve as our sign up sheet for what folks will commit to bring.

In addition to the things we will be eating, we will also need the following items:

Sweet Tea
Unsweet Tea
Other soft drinks
Ice
Plastic Cups
Paper Plates
Napkins
Plastic Eating Utensils

Your food items can be something that you made with your own hands or had your spouse to make. It can even be store bought.

Over the past few years, our Pot Luck Supper has become one of the highlights of our annual State Shoot. Let's make this year's supper one to remember!

We'd love for everyone to pitch in and make this the highlight of the shoot.

Tell us what you'll bring and I'll start a list on this initial post and keep it updated as folks add to it.

Main Dishes
Jambayla - Dennis
Smoked Chicken Thighs - Jake Allen
Chicken Brunswick Stew - Selfbow
Tortalini Gabriella - Todd Cook
Pork Roast - Dutchman
Fried Chicken - Charlie 2 Arrow

Side Dishes
Pork and Pinto Beans - Jake Allen
Some kind of Veggie - Barry Duggan
Corn off the cob - TNGirl
Cold Pasta Salad - TNGirl
Butter Beans - Morning Hunter
Potatoes of some kind or other - Dutchman
Green Bean Salad - Allen Oliver
Cole Slaw - Allen Oliver
Mac & Cheese - Shane Whitlock
Something Else - Shane Whitlock
Baked Beans - ngabowhunter

Desserts
Red Arrow
TNGirl
Banana Cake - Todd Cook
Morning Hunter

Bread
TNGirl
Corn Muffins - Morning Hunter
Stump Shooter

Drinks
Soft Drinks - Red Arrow
Sweet Tea - Morning Hunter
Sweet Tea - ngabowhunter

Supplies
Paper Plates - Dennis
Strong Paper Plates - Barry Duggan
Solo Cups - TBG
Bowls - TBG
Plastic Utensils - TBG and Allen Oliver
Napkins - TBG
Ice - Stump Shooter

Undefined
Something - dm/wolfskin

Last edited:

Jake Allen

Thanks for getting this thread started sir!

Please put me down for:
Pork and Pinto Beans
Smoked Chicken Thighs

Left from last year, (and I kept these in a clean place)
We have:
Plastic Utensils
Red Solo Cups
Bowls
Napkins

Barry Duggan

Some kinda veggie, and good strong paper plates here.

TNGIRL

I figure on a cold pasta salad, corn off the cob, dessert and some bread.....:cheers:

Todd Cook

I'm told we are bringing banana cake and tortalini gabriella. I'm not sure what that is, but I'm told I like it.

dutchman

Gonna need to hear from quite a few more folks...this thing is a week from this coming Saturday. Closer than you think!

TNGIRL

Always comes down to the wire....we usually have enough BUT it sure helps to know what everyone is bringing.I remember the year 5 folks brought baked beans.....that was a tough one!!!lol :eek: We want to be able for our out of state shooters to come, and if they didn't bring something, feel that they are welcome to eat with us. BUT we gotta cover it for them and us to. SO even if you've signed up for something it's okay to bring an extra bowl or two of something.....:cool: It's great to know our club comes together each year and this pot luck supper gets better and better!:fine:
And just as a fore thought...thanks for all the hands after the supper, that will help with clean up, that's one of the biggest jobs! We need everyone on board for that!
Can't wait till next weekend ya'll!!!!:biggrin2:

Shane Whitlock

mac and cheese for us...........everyone likes mac and cheese. and something else haven't decided what yet

ngabowhunter

We're gonna try and make some baked beans in the Dutch oven. They'll probably be either cold or burnt. Also a couple gallons of sweet tea.