Transplant Bushes

hopper

I winches a bunch of Azaleas out in front of the house. Some of the bigger roots broke leaving alot of medium and smaller roots intact. I was just going to toss em on the burn pile but wondering what chance they would have if I planted them somewhere else?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I'd wait a little longer until it got a little cooler

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Friend of mine dug up a bunch of them at his place and put in the plastic nursery pots. I hauled them 2 hours back home. Transplanted and wind beaten the small bushes are now along the south side of my home and up waist high.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Well I did it. And you were wrong it did hurt my back digging all those holes :bounce:
We dug up (with skid steer) a bunch a few years back and just set them on top of the ground in the edge of the woods, blame things took root before we could get them any where and are still doing fine.

outdoorman

anyone had experience transplanting small pine saplings?
I have bunches of them on my wooded lot and want to use them for privacy at the front of the driveway.
Because I'm not there often and don't have water there, I won't be able to water them so hope pines are hearty enough to survive minimal attendance.

hopper

I have bunches of them on my wooded lot and want to use them for privacy at the front of the driveway.
Because I'm not there often and don't have water there, I won't be able to water them so hope pines are hearty enough to survive minimal attendance.
I'd give it shot. Water them in really well and when you can for awhile. I would think they would be fine.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I'd wait till we start getting more rain on a regular basis and get out of this drought, then you should be good to go. Only about three things kill a pine, beetles.. lightning strike.. and lack of water.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They will need some water until they get established.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I'd wait till we start getting more rain on a regular basis and get out of this drought, then you should be good to go. Only about three things kill a pine, beetles.. lightning strike.. and lack of water.
This^^^^^^^^^

MudDucker

Staff member
Actually taking them up in the drought is better. Just pull them and wrap the roots with a wet paper towel or cloth as soon as you pull them up. Water after replanting. When they are small, they are actually like a grass.