Turkey Sightings During Deer Hunt?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They will aggravate you to death here.

j_seph

Had 20 standing beside my jeep Friday when I came out, literally within 5 and 10 yards eating

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I'm seeing more than ever this year!!!!!!
And we see a lot in the fall in the first place so seeing MORE has really got us fired up!!!
Wife and our son were hunting a buddy stand Sunday mornin week before last. They said they heard a gobbler on the roost pretty close to them gobblin at dawn. Gobbled on the ground and gobbled out a hearin distance!
I was like "Wow! Was it a jake tryin to figure out his gobble or somthin?"
She said no this was a big boy, big rattle your chest and the stand gobbles!!

ryanh487

I see them all the time deer hunting, mostly flocks of 10-20 hens. Had 8 roost about 50 yards behind my stand last week and 1 hen just kept yelping and cutting non-stop for about 30 minutes.
Then they vanish every spring facepalm:

Turkeytider

Two years ago my buddy and I saw lots of them on the property, sort of like now. That Spring season we were overrun with turkeys. Sure hope history repeats itself!

Juan De

I feel y’all pain. It’s like they know. I started doing a few things which have helped me. I plow my food plots up, I burn off my little 16 acre field and burn off my planted pines. Seemed to help them hang around a little better

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Heard a thundering gobble Saturday morning

DRBugman85

Seeing more Turkeys this Fall than we can count,had 9 longbeards in my food plot Saturday morning fighting and chasing each other around the field, now just need the 10 point to step out.My buddy had 27 hen's for over a hour on his plot and doe's feeding along with them.

Tadder

Not seeing any this year. Thought the corn might bring around in deer season , 0. Gonna have too thin out the coons, corns brough them out of every tree I think.;)

GeorgiaGlockMan

I had 20+ turkeys pile by both stands that my son and I sat in yesterday hunting deer.

They were 2 pods of 10+ birds calling back and forth till both pods merged for a hike.

They were some really nice toms in the bunch!

35 Whelen

Have not seen or heard a single turkey this year while deer hunting.

tad1

It’s awesome seeing those fall flocks particularly the gobbler flocks, all those long beards! but boy they do seem to disappear come spring!