UGA without Beck in OB?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Yep. While people scream, “It just ain’t right, Cletus! They’re gettin a free education and room and board and that should be enough!” they still watch.

If all the people that hate this quit watching it would stop.
I'll blame the greed of the NCAA until the day I die. They had their chance to get a handle on this back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's but they chose to be greedy and keep all the money for themselves. Now, it was forcefully taken from them and of course it immediately got out of hand and out of their control. The NCAA got what it deserved. I wish it would go bankrupt and just cease to exist at all.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I'll blame the greed of the NCAA until the day I die. They had their chance to get a handle on this back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's but they chose to be greedy and keep all the money for themselves. Now, it was forcefully taken from them and of course it immediately got out of hand and out of their control. The NCAA got what it deserved. I wish it would go bankrupt and just cease to exist at all.
Yeah I just don’t care that much.

People say one thing and do another. People could have the college football they say they want but they wouldn’t enjoy watching it. You’re right that money did it but it was always going to happen. I figure I can watch or not watch.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Man, I’m close. I didn’t watch 1 quarter of pro ball this year and was surprised to find out the Bucs have a new QB…..Maysfield I think.
Yeah I’ve taken some crap here from people who’s feelings I’ve hurt because in the summer of ‘20 I said I was done with college football because they were going the way of the NFL with all the woke political crap. But they were smart enough to put the brakes on that and didn’t get the backlash the NFL has had. I figure they’ll figure a way to make this work.

cramer

GHSA now allows NIL for high school sports.
I sure am sorry Brock left us. He coulda stuck around. It paid off for Beck.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Yeah I just don’t care that much.

People say one thing and do another. People could have the college football they say they want but they wouldn’t enjoy watching it. You’re right that money did it but it was always going to happen. I figure I can watch or not watch.
I enjoy watching football but I have no illusions. The big school with the most money usually wins, and that's fine, I have no problem with that, because every now and then you get a surprise out of the little schools and that makes it worthwhile.
I've also watched the division II schools football and baseball games where it's non-scholarship. Those students are playing just for love of the game and I've seen some good games come out of those schools.
Of course, I also enjoy just watching peewee football and pony league baseball just to see those kids give 110% on every play.

When I get too old and cynical to enjoy high school football and baseball and then beer and pizza after the game, just go ahead and put me out of my misery! :LOL:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I enjoy watching football but I have no illusions. The big school with the most money usually wins, and that's fine, I have no problem with that, because every now and then you get a surprise out of the little schools and that makes it worthwhile.
I've also watched the division II schools football and baseball games where it's non-scholarship. Those students are playing just for love of the game and I've seen some good games come out of those schools.
Of course, I also enjoy just watching peewee football and pony league baseball just to see those kids give 110% on every play.

When I get too old and cynical to enjoy high school football and baseball and then beer and pizza after the game, just go ahead and put me out of my misery! :LOL:
I’m just not bothered by it. Anything that can’t continue will stop. Anybody that wants to watch “student athletes” who play hard and do it because they love it should watch college girls’ softball. I’m serious. Possibly the best ball on TV.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I’m just not bothered by it. Anything that can’t continue will stop. Anybody that wants to watch “student athletes” who play hard and do it because they love it should watch college girls’ softball. I’m serious. Possibly the best ball on TV.
Yep, I agree. Like I said about the Division II and lower players. They're playing because they love the game and they know the chances of them going pro are almost nil. They put their heart into it.
Also, them fast pitch softball girls can throw the ball harder than I can! :LOL:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I’ve not heard anything, nor can I find anything about Beck wanting 4 million to stick around. I did see the other day that UGA was working on a financial package for him but no numbers were mentioned.

James12

GHSA now allows NIL for high school sports.
I sure am sorry Brock left us. He coulda stuck around. It paid off for Beck.

BVG wasn’t sticking around with Beck and Stockton there, and with the number 1 recruit in the country coming in next. I love he chose to leave and go play, while he still could. Think he picked a great spot for himself too.

ChiefOsceola

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I’ve not heard anything, nor can I find anything about Beck wanting 4 million to stick around. I did see the other day that UGA was working on a financial package for him but no numbers were mentioned.
The rumor is out there for sure. Might be true. On the other hand the two biggest liars there are, are “they said” and “I heard”.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
So much conjecture in this thread. Vandagriff isn't enrolled at KY. Beck isn't guaranteed to be in a uga uniform next year. Where did theb4 million figure come from?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I don’t think any of these guys or coaches are worth all that kind of money, but I certainty don’t blame them for trying to get it. I would as well. The fans will pay a lot more for tickets over all this mess.

MudDucker

Staff member
Word on the street is that T, who is in a near suicidal state being a AwfBurn fan made up this word on the street, because he is obessed with UGA for owning AwfBurn.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Word on the streets (and a DawgNation article) is, Carson Beck is trying to leverage Brock V. leaving to get $4,000,000 to stay at UGA another year.
:rofl:facepalm:
You sound like Mike Norvell talking up FSU! An "Article"? The last sentence mentions a rumor and that is it. Google it and see what comes up. :rofl:

We could start our 3rd string QB and still kill FSU!
14kxg3u6xp4c1.jpg