Ultra Keto, macro-tracking, vegan, people need to understand a few things:

sinclair1

in WWII the Germans were getting smoked in the Battle for Britain. The British had just deployed radar. And could find the planes at night. The British lead with the story that their pilots could see better in the dark because they ate carrots in their diets. Carrots supposedly had a newly discovered substance "Carotean" that when ingested enough improved their night vision.

BTW, as of a decade ago you could buy a pill bottle of carotean in the supplement store. It morphed into being the result of carots having vitamin A. Which still doesn't make your eyesight better. But it is still sold as such.

There is nothing you can eat that will prolong your life. Best you can do is NOT eat things that will shorten it.

But hey, GNC and Herbalife make billions selling hope in the magic pill.
I kinda agree with the not eating is the key to health over adding a magic food, but it depends on how you look at it. If you don't get enough of a vitamin the body needs you will live a shorter life.

I can look at a vegan or someone in poor health and tell if they are getting the nutrients the body needs. Many so called healthy eaters lack more vitamins and nutrients than a country eater.

I say country eater because most country food is real food with real nutrients. They usually over eat, but that's better than not eating what the body needs like some of the uptight vegans who eat to eliminate instead of what they need.

You can go blind early by eliminating a vitamin 100%

NOYDB

BANNED
The Romans used to pay wages with salt. Sailors used to get scurvy from lack of vitamin C. Not having the proper nutrients can be harmful. But they still haven't come up with the GMO that will make you live longer.

sinclair1

The Romans used to pay wages with salt. Sailors used to get scurvy from lack of vitamin C. Not having the proper nutrients can be harmful. But they still haven't come up with the GMO that will make you live longer.
None I know of, but I will have to find out the answer later in life on some stuff I do or don't do. I can't know now, no more than my FIL who was sure asbestos was safe and anyone who thought otherwise was a fairy duster.

A small percentage of hyperbole will come to fruition if stats hold true.

stringmusic

in WWII the Germans were getting smoked in the Battle for Britain. The British had just deployed radar. And could find the planes at night. The British lead with the story that their pilots could see better in the dark because they ate carrots in their diets. Carrots supposedly had a newly discovered substance "Carotean" that when ingested enough improved their night vision.

BTW, as of a decade ago you could buy a pill bottle of carotean in the supplement store. It morphed into being the result of carots having vitamin A. Which still doesn't make your eyesight better. But it is still sold as such.

There is nothing you can eat that will prolong your life. Best you can do is NOT eat things that will shorten it.

But hey, GNC and Herbalife make billions selling hope in the magic pill.
Ummm ok? You just picked out one food from 75 years ago that was proven false as to helping you see at night.

Sit back and think about this statement for a while, you’ll figure it out.

Lukikus2

Try being around one that wants the most expensive item on the menu. Because "It has to be the best". And not take a bite because they don't like the dish. Stupid people. They need to learn and cater to their self and shut their trap.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Try being around one that wants the most expensive item on the menu. Because "It has to be the best". And not take a bite because they don't like the dish. Stupid people. They need to learn and cater to their self and shut their trap.
Sounds like about every date I've ever been on.

sinclair1

My wife just ordered flo's filet :bounce: I had a salad facepalm:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
My son had a cookout/party at his new house in Athens. I was cooking burgers and hotdogs and this vegetable eating couple who ate no meat asked me to cook their shish-kabobs on the grill that had meat juices all over it. After they ate I told them how big a fake they were and the juices on the grill were probably more detrimental to their diet than one of the burgers they refused to eat.

NOYDB

BANNED
Ummm ok? You just picked out one food from 75 years ago that was proven false as to helping you see at night.

Sit back and think about this statement for a while, you’ll figure it out.

One food given as an example. They knew it was false and repeated it to the NAZIs because one of the tenants of the NAZI ideology was supplements and other wishful thinking. The NAZIs believed in other occult things too.

I will buy into it when the 200 year old says it works. Until then I wish all to enjoy their 80+ years with out being scammed too often.

bassboy1

My son had a cookout/party at his new house in Athens. I was cooking burgers and hotdogs and this vegetable eating couple who ate no meat asked me to cook their shish-kabobs on the grill that had meat juices all over it. After they ate I told them how big a fake they were and the juices on the grill were probably more detrimental to their diet than one of the burgers they refused to eat.
Frankly, those are the ones that don't bother me. Rather than make a big fuss about how the food options or available grill won't 'work,' they worked with what they had in such a way to not be a major nuisance.

The ones jdgater is talking about would have made a big fuss about you not serving something that fits their restrictions, or would have insisted on a clean pan or something.

They accepted that the options available weren't ideal, but worked with them anyway to be respectful to their hosts. That's good enough for me.