Under-rated Broadheads.

Hunter922

G5 Montecs are another very good tip..

hoythunter1861

Slick Tricks, Chinese Made Rage, and NAP Killzones are all that's in my quiver

Ihunt

I like Anarchy. Single bevel and 1.5" wide COC that flies well. Most people have never heard of them. They also have a 1 1/4" wide head. They both fly great to be COC heads. I did have to use feathers to get the 1.5" ones to fly the way I wanted but I now have a 1.5" COC head that I don't have to worry if it will open.

jigman29

I shot a rocket miniblaster for years and would still be shooting them but they got hard to find. I like a broadhead that I can run to the local sporting goods store and grab a pack if needed.Now I shoot rage and really like them. 12 deer have been shot and only one I haven't recovered and it was a terrible shot.

satchmo

They are all Chinese made

Chinese made Rage Hypodermic

They all come from China, the rejects that are turned down from Rage( Ramcat, etc..) are sold and people call them a knock off , are just heads turned down mostly because of tolerance issues. Rage and Ramcats and a few others are cut in the same building in China.

ALB

I'm a believer in supporting the little guy! I like Slick Tricks. Their blades are real sharp!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think the most under-rated ones are flint. Been killing critters dead for tens of thousands of years, and they still work just fine.

Luke0927

Killed plenty with 4 blade muzzy, shot a couple with slick trick, strong head but got better blood with muzzy.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fred Bear killed almost every game animal on the planet with a Razorhead. Those two-blades like Zwickeys or Grizzlys get better penetration than expandables or multi-blades, don't know why more folks don't use them any more.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think the most under-rated ones are flint. Been killing critters dead for tens of thousands of years, and they still work just fine.

BTW, that Cherokee/Eastern Woodlands style fletching still works just fine, too. It kept several tribes of Native Americans fed and alive for a couple thousand years.

satchmo

Not really

Fred Bear killed almost every game animal on the planet with a Razorhead. Those two-blades like Zwickeys or Grizzlys get better penetration than expandables or multi-blades, don't know why more folks don't use them any more.

They don't get better penetration than most replacement blade heads but they were/are great heads. I've killed probably 45-50 with the old bear razor heads with the bleeder blades. When other kids were out partying, I was home sharpening Broadheads. Fred Bear also used a different technique in sharpening heads too. He would leave his heads with almost a serrated edge, which is almost taboo in today's Broadhead world. It really doesn't matter if you shoot a rock knapped into a nice head, or shoot the most expensive thing on the market. Put it through both lungs and it's over quick.

mauser64

I remember using those bear heads on cedar shafts. Had to glue em on. Made things a little tricky spin tuning the arrows.

satchmo

Same here

I remember using those bear heads on cedar shafts. Had to glue em on. Made things a little tricky spin tuning the arrows.

I used swedged aluminum arrows and had to hot glue them on and off. When the chisel tips where what they put out, I sharpened them down by the end of the season till they were a point. Great heads.