US Mail Package delivery

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I don’t believe the rural post offices are having those type of issues. Every time I hear of these issues with the USPS it seems to be with metro areas.
there is a report on our local radio stations website, wnegradio.com, about the election office here sending out some odd 140 absentee ballots. Some 40 odd ballots were returned to the election officials, marked incorrect address. The election office then called all the people to find out what was happening with the mail. All but 4 of the 40 something returned ballots were correctly labeled and had the correct mailing address on them. The PO just marked them as incorrect and sent them back

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
At work, we are paying everything we can electronically to avoid the PO issues. What checks I do have to mail are taking anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks to make it to the vendors. We are actively searching for a way to do all of our payments electronically. I pay somewhere in the 700K a year range on invoices that I get to discount 2% if I pay in 10 days. If the PO doesn't deliver, it can cost me 14 grand a year

Hunter922

USPS Is pathetic. Purchased a money order, mailed it, they lost it and I waited for 2 months for them to reimburse me the money order amount. Didn't mention reimbursing money order cost or fee for filing a claim...( $47.00)..
Their workforce is as bad as Popeyes.

Dr. Strangelove

The biggest problem I had with USPS was them claiming they had delivered something and not having actually delivered the item.

It would show delivered or "given to resident" online but not be in the mailbox or anywhere on the property.

Then it would magically show up in the mailbox the next day or a day later. I filed a complaint with the Post Office every time and I haven't noticed it happening in the last year or so.

Gator89

The USPS in the ATL is among the worst in the country. They are the reason I switched to electronic bill pay. I have $5000 worth of cancelled lost checks floating around in the ATL somewhere. One of those checks was for my property taxes and cost me a late fee.

You don't want stuff routed through Philadelphia, PA either.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The USPS in the ATL is among the worst in the country. They are the reason I switched to electronic bill pay. I have $5000 worth of cancelled lost checks floating around in the ATL somewhere. One of those checks was for my property taxes and cost me a late fee.

You don't want stuff routed through Philadelphia, PA either.
Your 1st sentence.... There's a reason for this.....

bilgerat

Senior
Same is happing to me right now . I ordered a part for a job I’m doing on feb 18 .it shipped from Flordia on the 19th It arrived late at my local hub in Buford on the 1st of March . Then I got notified it was in transit to another facility , stayed that way for over a week , then it showed up at the palmetto ga hub on the 7th . it’s been in transit to a different facility since. I’ve notified my shipper and he just sent out another part, my customer is getting tired of waiting . USPS sucks . .
I recieved my part today from fedex and got the job finished for my customer, The one I ordered on feb 18th is still in transit to next USPS facility

B. White

Had to stop payment on a check to the IRS from January. Need to fill out the form to get reimbursed for the stop payment fee, but I'll have to mail it to get my money back.

Had another high value and irreplaceable package go missing. I was able to retrieve it, but won't go into any details about what it was and how it was done.

Gaswamp

I am a rural carrier. Never seen such ineptitude

transfixer

Remember folks, if the Government was involved in making outhouses they wouldn't work ! USPS is inefficiency and incompetence at its finest level ! I absolutely hate and despise having to go to a post office ! 99% of the people behind the counter act like I'm bothering them to ask them to do their job!

Redbow

Got my blood pressure meds from the VA a few days ago from the USPS. The package looked like it had been run over and dragged down the highway, holes in the package. Also the bottle had a big dent in it and the cap came off spilling the medication out inside the package. I called the VA and told them what happened, they told me they would send me more meds and they did. Now I have to watch that I don't have to pay the co-pay twice for the same meds that I received in the damaged package.

Gator89

I am a rural carrier. Never seen such ineptitude

The gal that was handled our route in Chamblee had an earbud implanted in the side of her head like a horn growing into the side of a cow's head. Constantly talking on the phone, would not even acknowledge you if you said hello, good morning or thank you.

specialk

this as funny, i drive pass union city and fairburn PO's just to go to palmetto PO because of customer service....the palmetto office is much better run and not near as busy...worth the drive to me...i guess the back office aint run as efficient as the front....

MolenaPapa

Yes, it's happening in the rural areas also. Had a package supposedly delivered to my mailbox on February 17th, NOT. Also, since 1st of year, had a check for credit card payment lost, cost me late payment and payment failure fees as well as check cancelled fee. No tracking on it. Two months later an envelope arrive from North Metro center with 1/2 of the check in it but no explanation whatsoever.
I no longer trust USPS with any important documents or merchandise. One thing to note, I recently spoke with a carrier delivering on Sunday. He advised that they now have a contract with Amazon to deliver their package and that being done on Sunday.

trents99

I'm in the same boat. A bunch of rods and a few swimbaits coming out of Alabama. The rods were picked up less than an hour after I made the order. They hit Nashville and have been "in transit" for the last 5 days.

The swimbaits shipped a few days later. They apparently haven't left Birmingham for 3 days.

There are several recent news stories about the Palmetto RPDC. New sort facilities do struggle a bit getting the kinks worked out on reduced volume. It sounds like USPS hit this facility with both barrels on day one though.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Talked to my mail carrier today. He said the feds shut down 2 major sorting facilities.Duluth and 1 in Atlanta. Putting a huge strain on the ones left. Without any warning. Just closed the doors and let people go. Seems like the feds are getting prepared for the election in Nov.....

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The gal that was handled our route in Chamblee had an earbud implanted in the side of her head like a horn growing into the side of a cow's head. Constantly talking on the phone, would not even acknowledge you if you said hello, good morning or thank you.
And people wonder why we can't stand others.