US Mail Package delivery

B. White

Some cheap stuff from Midway. I doubt if I will see it this Monday or the next. My wife's FB blew up with folks having to stop payment on checks and other problems since this thread was started. May take them a while to recover.

1710635359996.png

Buford_Dawg

Had 2 guys in different north georgia cities mail me checks for hunt club dues on a Monday, 2 weeks back, still have not seen either check. USPS is totally out of whack.... Typical Goverment.

hipster dufus

Got my SS phone appt notice yesterday,sat 16, the appt was fri, the 15th!
Now im waiting on a verification letter from opm, crossing my fingers!

Oldstick

I don’t believe the rural post offices are having those type of issues. Every time I hear of these issues with the USPS it seems to be with metro areas.
+1. Week ago, I shipped a box to CA and it went directly from our local PO to ATL Distribution, then Palmetto, then Salt Lake City, then Sacramento and to the recipient right on time.

Beagler

My daughter has to go to court next Monday and explain to the judge why she didn’t show up for jury duty , the jury notice came after the summons to appear before the judge.

Swamprat

Swamprat
USPS has never been an issue with me.

But UPS is horrible, they pull up in the drive and my 80 pound black lab comes out to greet them with tail wagging and smiling (If you have ever seen a dog smile then you know what I am talking about) but when he is smiling his teeth are bared.

They back out and throw the note in the mailbox, could not deliver due to dog, pick up item at facility. Last time my wife raised a ruckus at the facility because the item could have been left in the mailbox but instead they choose to leave a note.

Local mail carrier has treats for the dogs they encounter, my dog has learned if I wait under the bush by the mailbox between 2:30 and 4 I get a treat.

Ajohnson0587

I will keep my opinions about the postal service to myself, but let’s just say, 100x out of 100, if given the option I will pay extra to ship something via UPS or FEDEX.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I have an eBay package hung up in the palmetto patch...

Was supposed to be delivered Friday.

Let's hear it for USPS!!!

(n):mad:

Swamprat

Swamprat
Ups is not allowed, by law , to drop stuff in a mailbox.
But they can take the time to drop a note in my mailbox as to why they could not deliver the package.

Maybe being in a rural area where the current and last USPS carriers are basically your neighbors helps so that may be the reason I have had no issues.

B. White

My Midway package actually showed up today. Looks like it was hung up in the Palmetto mess for 13 days.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Not a package but a newspaper.

I subscribe to the local paper where I grew up. It’s about 35 miles from where I live now. I haven’t received my paper in 3 weeks.
I called the newspaper office to see if they had any information. The lady said I was one of dozens of complaints they have had recently about this happening.
She stated they were informed it was somehow related to the Palmetto Center as well.

talisman

I ordered a package and it shipped March 4 and its been hung up in same place since March 10 with the USPS

Timberman

I mailed a tax package to my accountant in Spartanburg on 3/2. Been MIA ever since...

specialk

Not a package but a newspaper.

I subscribe to the local paper where I grew up. It’s about 35 miles from where I live now. I haven’t received my paper in 3 weeks.
I called the newspaper office to see if they had any information. The lady said I was one of dozens of complaints they have had recently about this happening.
She stated they were informed it was somehow related to the Palmetto Center as well.

my local paper back home is online, pdf form, page for page....i like it better than the actual paper to be honest...

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
my local paper back home is online, pdf form, page for page....i like it better than the actual paper to be honest...

Mine gives both options. I prefer the printed. (or I used to)

Latest posts