Useles Billy blew up#1320 tree stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !
Greetings

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I would like to have a Colt for my first 1911... I just don't think I can justify $800 for a basic pistol with MIM parts? I think a Ruger would be the way to go.
I am only joking about Colt. Kinda like i do wif ford, I do love them but most manufacturers even the philipinos are making good 1911, just get one with a 5” all steel wif warranty, a interanal extractor, front sight you like, beaveratil, save money for etm or 47 seeies wilson magazines and lots of ammo. I would t worry too much about miM parts. It takes a lot to break down mim, you will probably replace anyway with a drop in ignition along the way, which a guy like you (tinkerer) is gonna do anyway. If you fall in love and shoot 1911 then you will be in a cult, which means you will own more than juan and have differnt sizes and shapes later. Learn wif a five inch 45 ACP, ya can thank me later.

Ruger definitely has a good warranty

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
I am only joking about Colt. Kinda like i do wif ford, I do love them but most manufacturers even the philipinos are making good 1911, just get one with a 5” all steel wif warranty, a interanal extractor, front sight you like, beaveratil, save money for etm or 47 seeies wilson magazines and lots of ammo. I would t worry too much about miM parts. It takes a lot to break down mim, you will probably replace anyway with a drop in ignition along the way, which a guy like you (tinkerer) is gonna do anyway. If you fall in love and shoot 1911 then you will be in a cult, which means you will own more than juan and have differnt sizes and shapes later. Learn wif a five inch 45 ACP, ya can thank me later.

In large part, I am just disappointed that Colts are not at a more competitive place in the market, as I would love to get one first. I already opened a big can of worms with reloading, so I will have to wait to open the 1911 can of worms.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man

My old cheapy Springfield 1911 A1 from back in the 90's has ran flawlessly with whatever I ammo I throw in it. I'm still looking for a good deal on a Colt, as I'd really like to have one.

Roebuck

“Fishal Spokesman” Useles Billy Club !
My old cheapy Springfield 1911 A1 from back in the 90's has ran flawlessly with whatever I ammo I throw in it. I'm still looking for a good deal on a Colt, as I'd really like to have one.

My son loves his Springfield TRP in .45 ACP, he’s put a few thousand rounds through it without a failure to feed.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.