USPS Scam ....

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
:LOL: I would love to hear that recording.
my friend got the same type of call. Said a car registered to her was found at the Mexico border with cocaine in it. Wanted her to wire money to them. She just hung up on them.

When she told me about it, I told her we could have had a good time with that one.

The car warranty people, I just start thanking them for calling and telling them all about my bad engine, bad air conditioning, slick tires and bad brakes. I tell them the first thing we need to do is get the oil changed. I don't give them time to interrupt me, and it usually doesn't take getting past the oil change for them to hang up.

oldfella1962

Quite a few years ago my mother-in-law (living in Phoenix) got a call saying that her grandson (my son) was in jail in Mexico, and she needed to send 500 dollars to get him out. o_O She thought that didn't sound kosher, so she gave them some excuse and said that they would have to call her back in a few minutes. She called my wife immediately and asked "isn't ***** still stationed in Korea?" We told her yep - no doubt about it - he's thousands of miles away. :LOL: But who knows? Maybe he got a flight out of Korea (at his own expense on E-3 pay) went AWOL and flew to Mexico. Young people do crazy things sometimes! My mother-in-law didn't answer when these scammers called her back. But the whole mental image of the scenario was pretty funny!

Resica

My Venmo account was recently locked due to suspicious activity. I don't have a venmo account, never have.

Duff

Got the same usps text yesterday

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Quite a few years ago my mother-in-law (living in Phoenix) got a call saying that her grandson (my son) was in jail in Mexico, and she needed to send 500 dollars to get him out. o_O She thought that didn't sound kosher, so she gave them some excuse and said that they would have to call her back in a few minutes. She called my wife immediately and asked "isn't ***** still stationed in Korea?" We told her yep - no doubt about it - he's thousands of miles away. :LOL: But who knows? Maybe he got a flight out of Korea (at his own expense on E-3 pay) went AWOL and flew to Mexico. Young people do crazy things sometimes! My mother-in-law didn't answer when these scammers called her back. But the whole mental image of the scenario was pretty funny!
Unless I'm in a"real" good mood, never answer any number not already in my phone with a name. BUT, when I get to feel'n it.. I'll answer the phone with .. "United States National Security Agency operator.. how may I direct your call?".. click. That or tell them I'm on a important call and can they call back later... then give them any one of a Congressman's office number.. F.T.C. number.. etc.