Vols day 2 recap

BuckNasty83

Dustin Dopirak
Just got out of practice. Would say that the receivers and quarterbacks look really good when neither are wearing pads or being defended. In one-on-one drills at the beginning -- when there was defense -- three first-year wideouts beat three first-year corners in the red zone. Brandon Johnson d. Baylen Buchanan, Tyler Byrd d. D.J. Henderson and Jeff George d. Marquill Osborne.

Originally Posted by :
During 1 on 1's Brandon Johnson made a great back shoulder catch that ended up being low. There were a few drops but nothing earth shattering with Jauan Jennings and Preston Williams doing a nice job of high-pointing the football.

Rashaan Gaulden, Micah Abernathy and Nigel Warrior, were all working the strong safety position. Tennessee appears to be in really good shape there with three very capable players.

Kendrick continues to impress through the first two days and it's apparent that Drew Richmond is going to need to bring it and win the job outright if he wants to start at left tackle.
Austin Price

Originally Posted by :
Preston Williams again showed out early going and getting some deep throws and the timing of the passing game seems to be a bit better. I did see more overthrows than normal and that's not a bad thing when it comes to the deep throws.

On the defensive side, early on it appeared to be some maintenance work for Shy Tuttle. There's no question that they are going to be cautious and not over do it with him as he continues his rehab.

Of the young receivers, Callaway had a really good day yesterday catching the ball according to some. He has terrific hands.
Hubbs

Originally Posted by :
Jeff George is showing some really nice hands. The kid looks like he really needs to gain some weight, but he continues to impress with his ball skills.

Jennings still looks somewhat limited but he's really pushing himself through drills and making some nice grabs.

I continue to be a big Jarrett Guarantano fan. Anxious to see him in live action. Best looking freshman QB that's been here in awhile IMO.
Lewis

Really excited about Guarantano. I expect him to push the #1 spot next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as backup this year. I'd rather redshirt him though. Finally quality depth at QB.

Hoping Shy can make a clean recovery.

WR's will be young again, but at least it's somewhat of a quality 2 deep.

Ready for the pads!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
#vollivesdontmatter

#volssuck

#nobodycares

toyota4x4h

Yep he does. Notice even as much as I hate the dawgs I stayed out of their fall camp thread.

I can't believe how much Khalil has cut weight. He's gonna be a stud before he leaves next season. I wish these 4 weeks would hurry up.

Browning Slayer

You care enough to come in here and post your crap

Funny, cause every Vol thread in my opinion is crap! If you don't like it, go to the "Official Tennessee Football Thread" and post there. That's one place you won't have to deal with me.:cheers:

SpotandStalk

I got to peek in on UT's practice....All I could think was, my god at all the freshmen.

Browning Slayer

Unicoidawg

Staff member

Matthew6

Banned thug
you do a good job every year and we appreciate it.

plus, that is a great place for Nasty to post his practice recaps. Gold Ranger and spotandstalk wont be able to go in there and make inappropriate comments anymore.

Unicoidawg

Staff member

Thanks brother..... it gets kinda twisted around here sometimes. I try to get those threads up at the same time and just happen to have left one out this year.facepalm:

Browning Slayer

THIS!

Thanks brother..... it gets kinda twisted around here some times. I try to get those threads up at the same time and just to have left one out this year.facepalm:

You better rest up, you'll be working overtime in a few weeks!:bounce:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
THIS!

You better rest up, you'll be working overtime in a few weeks!:bounce:

Oh this goes along with 2 jobs and a 7month old baby at the house....... then you add deer season in there. Good times.:yeah: Thankfully Charlie and Robert doing such a great job and make up for my slacking. lol

Matthew6

Banned thug
Oh this goes along with 2 jobs and a 7month old baby at the house....... then you add deer season in there. Good times.:yeah: Thankfully Charlie and Robert doing such a great job and make up for my slacking. lol

yes they do. still, it is gonna be a madhouse in here when the dogs win it all this year. :pop::pop::pop:

Browning Slayer

yes they do. still, it is gonna be a madhouse in here when the dogs win it all this year. :pop::pop::pop:

Wait until we beat the Vols in Athens.. :biggrin2:

Browning Slayer

The heck with the 2 jobs, that little girl is a 24 hour a day job! :bounce:

Matthew6

Banned thug
Wait until we beat the Vols in Athens.. :biggrin2:

that will be the defining moment in the sec this year; along with the bama and lsu game. Kirby vs saban seccg. Gonna get nasty, hateful. Dogs poppin in out of the woodwork. Rex, Sugar Hill Dog, all the mut nation will emerge unified. Master vs Slave. Gonna be intense.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
The heck with the 2 jobs, that little BOY is a 24 hour a day job! :bounce:

Fixed it for ya.....:D